New Rs225(Cup?) Owner :d

octapotamus

Hey guys!

So I drove an RS225 on the weekend, spoke to the mechanic who's done all of the recent servicing (Steve at WA Euro) and made an offer shortly thereafter. After a few back and forths, I am now the proud new owner of an RS 225 Megane :)

Collecting this weekend; going to be a LONG week  :44:

I'm happy with what I paid as it has had the belts and mounts done very recently, has great rubber on it and drives beautifully after being looked after thoroughly by its second owner.

I'm just a little curious as to what exact variant it is, as the ad claimed 'Sport Cup' yet I'm reading a few things that lead me to believe it might NOT be a Cup... Not a new topic of contention as I've read a few threads on this but I'll ask anyway;

Is it possible to have a Cup that has full moon-roof and full leather (which this car does)? It doesn't look as low as a Cup but it could be the aftermarket wheels skewing my perception here..

I'm actually not too bothered if it isn't, as the spec level is great, the Ks are low and it is in superb condition. Some H&R springs will get me a good ride height if I choose to go down that path anyway..

Here is a cached link to the now deleted Gumtree ad:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/eden-hill/cars-vans-utes/2005-renault-megane-hatchback/1109770749

What do we reckon?

If everything is done, you can easily address handling with H&R's or coilovers if you want to spend a little more. Good purchase, glad it worked out for you. You next need to find some good roads to drive it on (pm me and I'll make some suggestions).

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

BTW, there is a spec named "sports cup", which should mean it has the cup chassis (stiffer Springs and dampers). Only the R26 have the LSD from memory, which makes them more rare and more expensive. The Megane III's generally came standard with the cup chassis and LSD in Australia, unless it's the blue limited edition (which was the sports chassis without the LSD).

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like 1