Rstuning Uk Remote Tuning Maps Info

cpw

Just after some info on rstuning in the UK not rs tune fastchip (henk) in NL

Does the remote rs tuner that Paul does come with a stage 1 map/file loaded on it ready to plug and play or do you send your file away and wait to upload the new file he has sent

Edited by cpw

Does the remote rs tuner that Paul does come with a stage 1 map/file loaded on it ready to plug and play or do you send your file away and wait to upload the new file he has sent

Henk one does come with stage 1 calibration map in the RS Tuner you bought!!

Henk one does come with stage 1 calibration map in the RS Tuner you bought!!

No I don't think so as people I know who have the henk rs tuner had to send a file map to henk and he adjusts the file and sends it back for you to upload via the rs tuner

Edited by cpw
  • Like 1

No I don't think so as people I know who have the henk rs tuner had to send a file map to henk and he adjusts the file and sends it back for you to upload via the rs tuner

Don't think Henk adjusts anything, you send him some details so that he can ensure he sends you the right time for your particular car.

He does exactly the same as Henk.

They want to make sure they send you the correct version so you don't run the risk of locking or "bricking" your ECU.

It's a really easy process. Took 5 minutes to do and dend the email.

But please read the instructions a few times before doing anything. It's not rocket science but there is a process to follow. Particularly when it's time to upload your modified files.

Not happy with racechip?

I had my RS250 tuned by Paul (RS Tuning - UK). Firstly was the Stage 1 tune, back then I think you had to send a file and then the map came back, but when Henk changed the RS Tuner box they now just need the code they ask to be screenshot. His stage 1 map was awesome, driveability was much better with a lot more torque lower in the rev range, then I went stage 2 custom mapping and ended up at 198kw atw with a few mods to the Inoxline Cat, Milltek Exhaust and intercooler. Basically his tunes are really good.

Don't quote me, but I also think that Paul doesn't lock the ECU, but I could be wrong. iirc it is on the forum here somewhere, perhaps in Henk's thread about locking the ECU.

• Like 2

As i understand Paul's tune is now locked but were previously unlocked. (As confirmed through email with Paul)

Interesting, well I havent refreshed my tune from Paul since last year, so thats a good thing, its still not locked at the moment.

Probably has something to do with the latest firmware updates, as the Henk's firmware no longer works on devices he sold to Paul. If you want firmware updates you need to email Henk directly and he will send you firmware for devices purchased through RSTuning.

• 2 weeks later...

I had my RS250 tuned by Paul (RS Tuning - UK). Firstly was the Stage 1 tune, back then I think you had to send a file and then the map came back, but when Henk changed the RS Tuner box they now just need the code they ask to be screenshot. His stage 1 map was awesome, driveability was much better with a lot more torque lower in the rev range, then I went stage 2 custom mapping and ended up at 198kw atw with a few mods to the Inoxline Cat, Milltek Exhaust and intercooler. Basically his tunes are really good.

Don't quote me, but I also think that Paul doesn't lock the ECU, but I could be wrong. iirc it is on the forum here somewhere, perhaps in Henk's thread about locking the ECU.

How does Paul do the custom stage 2 tune ace? Do you plug in your RS Tuner and run the car on the street to record some data in the unit? Or you just mention what mods do you have on your car and he did it on his side and send you the map after?

Just had time to get around and play with the RS Tuner and the free stage 1 calibration map came with the kit after I bought it for almost 5 months, took the car out on m4, was starting it slow cause it is double demerit, accelerated from almost 10km/h to 80km/h, WOT on gear 1 the wheel lost traction >4k rpm! (mod currently on the 172 is only Apexi Power Intake and Remus catback) Holy moly... think I sold the coilover too fast, I am actually start getting back interest on this little box again!

How does Paul do the custom stage 2 tune ace? Do you plug in your RS Tuner and run the car on the street to record some data in the unit? Or you just mention what mods do you have on your car and he did it on his side and send you the map after?

Just had time to get around and play with the RS Tuner and the free stage 1 calibration map came with the kit after I bought it for almost 5 months, took the car out on m4, was starting it slow cause it is double demerit, accelerated from almost 10km/h to 80km/h, WOT on gear 1 the wheel lost traction >4k rpm! (mod currently on the 172 is only Apexi Power Intake and Remus catback) Holy moly... think I sold the coilover too fast, I am actually start getting back interest on this little box again!

When I did it he sent me a base map to get started. He then wanted me to do a dyno run and log the data using RS Tuner. He also asked for a copy of the dyno sheets showing AFR. He then sent back another map which needed to be applied and then logged on the dyno again. Send him the logs and the AFRs for him to check, if he's not happy do it again, if he is happy then job done.

I know that adds expense for dyno runs, but it is a lot more repeatable and safer than power runs on public streets.

When I did it he sent me a base map to get started. He then wanted me to do a dyno run and log the data using RS Tuner. He also asked for a copy of the dyno sheets showing AFR. He then sent back another map which needed to be applied and then logged on the dyno again. Send him the logs and the AFRs for him to check, if he's not happy do it again, if he is happy then job done.

I know that adds expense for dyno runs, but it is a lot more repeatable and safer than power runs on public streets.

Yeah its easy to do if you have access to your own dyno or cheap dyno time. I did mine on the road, so I asked Paul to be very conservative on the tune because of this. So much easier if I had easy access to one :(

• 4 weeks later...

$1370 inc dyno time. Can't wait till tax return

I paid $250 for an RS Tuner box second hand (unused) and $100 for Ace's dyno. Literally $1000 less. 

I thought there were issues with these CPI tunes? Or are Renotech now the software guys too? As in they program the tunes and parameters etc.

Edited by unusual

I thought there were issues with these CPI tunes? Or are Renotech now the software guys too? As in they program the tunes and parameters etc.

From what I can tell CPI in Sydney were bad to work with (no after sales support etc) but good tunes, with rumours that they stole tunes.

CPI and renotech appear to be different with several happy customers. Renotech appear to be sort of retailers of CPI

From what I can tell CPI in Sydney were bad to work with (no after sales support etc) but good tunes, with rumours that they stole tunes.

CPI and renotech appear to be different with several happy customers. Renotech appear to be sort of retailers of CPI

Thanks for the extra info Chuck. That makes sense. 

Be great to see a dedicated Renault expert getting local results. 

The Renotech guys brought out a car a while back for a dyno run and a CPI tune. Peak power figures weren't increased much, but torque and power delivery were much nicer with a longer/stronger power curve.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk