New Megane Rs225 Cup Owner - Perth

Seven

Hi OzRS!

Just purchased my first Renault, a 2005 RS225 Cup!

I've wanted one for years, something about the rear end :wink:. Anyway, I found one on Gumtree and bought it straight away.

Paint work is pretty tidy, slight fade on the front and rear bumpers, needs new tyres, airbag loom under the seat looked at, passenger xenon globe replaced and few interior trim bits replaced. Has an aftermarket intercooler fitted by the looks too. Came with a full service history and 160000km on the clock. Ended up picking it up for $5000.

Beautiful to drive, as quick if not quicker than my Galant VR4 and handles incredibly for such a cheap car.

Plans are new tyres this week, order a Milltek cat back and to fix xenon and airbag light issue and replace the front door trims when I find a set.

Looking forward to browsing through the forums!

post-21836-0-86131100-1461620964_thumb.jpg

post-21836-0-93705500-1461621000_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Well done. Great price. Brilliant bang for the bucks. If you are chasing tyres, consider the Bridgestone RE003's. I have them on my 3 door in 17" size and find them pretty amazing. Prices are pretty good for these too.

Edited by handyman0708

Welcome! Regarding Milltek, they are pricy, if you just want some extra noise and your original system is in reasonable nick, you can cut out the back-box and replace with a piece of straight pipe, will have the same effect and you get to keep the whistle. Should be a heap cheaper too!

Yeah the VR4 isn't getting driven much now, once ive had the front and rear fade resprayed i'll probably sell it and try not to spend the money on mods for the RS.

RE003's paid for! 4 for the price of 3 until tomorrow, getting fitted Monday. New Osram xenon globes arrived today so I'll fit them tomorrow. Hopefully the passenger ballast is all good.

Chasing up interior parts, hopefully wont take long to find decent replacements for the worn parts.

Great choice mate, bloody top car. I had the first Techno Grey one in WA years ago and still see her around, going strong! We have about 8 cars confirmed for a Drive Day this Sunday if keen? Details in Social Events. Cheers Justin  

It's proven to be a good buy thus far. Drives perfectly. Re003's fitted, new osram xenon's are in and should be swapping in new door trims for the front tonight. Not much left to do except polish the headlight lenses a little, check my airbag wiring and fix the small spots of fade on the front bar.

Edited by Seven
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Door trims replaced, new milltek 70mm cat back fitted. Might get RStuner soon and book her in the get the spots of fade resprayed. Probably time for a ride thread. Can see myself spending a heap of money on it.

• Like 2

Probably time for a ride thread. Can see myself spending a heap of money on it.

So you should! Otherwise you will just waste all that hard earned cash on investment properties, shares and other assorted frivolities!   :mrgreen: 

Well done and good choice!  Look forward to following your ride thread, as you have jumped out of the box quickly on tidy-ups and some mods already.  It will be an interesting thread I predict...  :popcorn:

• Like 1