Ads!

R182

I noticed my adblocker had an icon that indicated it had blocked 1 ad on this page so I disabled adblock for OzRS and lo and behold there is an ad underneath the first post.

If this is an intentional move to bring in some extra revenue to pay the bills, one ad under the first post isn't bad... I'm not bothered by it honestly and I'll disable adblock for the site. So long as it doesn't fall victim to those malicious ads with javascript to hijack your browser history and redirect you to another page. 

I've been seeing ads as per R182's screenshot for a few weeks now (possibly over a month now?) on my work computer. Can't recall whether I see them at home on my own laptop.

Windows laptop using Firefox.

There have been Ads for years, if you haven't logged into the forum they show up. They should hide when you log in.

I just tested and this is true for me. If they are showing for others whilst logged in please let me know.

I was logged in on my laptop and I saw ads.

screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/qW2T9eP.png

Edited by cloudy

I got one a while back for another brand of car. I (honestly) can't remember what it was now, but it didn't start with T. I would remember that.

Oops. Spoke too soon. Just logged out to see what would happen and a lexus ad appeared...

I got one a while back for another brand of car. I (honestly) can't remember what it was now, but it didn't start with T. I would remember that.

Oops. Spoke too soon. Just logged out to see what would happen and a lexus ad appeared...

I saw a Renault ad a few weeks back :news: