Window Tint On A New Megane Rs Cup 265..

Rsmj

I want to tint the Front Driver and Passengers window of my Megane with a proper tint that would match the privacy glass tint on the rear and qtr rear window..   Has anyone any experience in doing this ?  If so , do you remember tint brand and name they used ??     thanks .. Mike.. 

Hi mike.

I had mine done by my renault dealer. I have the same car as you and it looks great. I'll call the dealer tomorrow for you and find the name of the company.

Danny

Fantastic Danny.. Appreciate it ..   

I did my Clio Cup with tint a car. I had 20% put on the front and 35% on the rear. It all matches well.[/quote

Thanks Alphy9250, I want to stay legal, isn't 35% the legal Max ? It is in QLD..

I also had mine done thru the dealer.  That way they can carry the responsibility of making sure it is legal. Probably cost me double what I could have got it done for, but I have piece of mind and a 10 year warranty.

Over the years I've come to disregard the advice given on forums about these kind of things.  No offense to forum members here, or any other forum, but the old "Chinese whispers" thing seems to happen a lot.

Check out this website for the actual facts.  http://www.windowtint.com.au/more-info/29/window-tinting-laws

• Like 1

35% is legal max in every state in Australia. Go over and you are a good chance of getting a ticket for it. Some cops actually carry measuring equipment to test for it and I personally know 2 people in Vic that have been cited for it and had to have their tint removed, 35% is plenty. Don't exceed it.

• Like 1

I ran 20% on my old 5 series for years no hassle. But it was a "regular" car nobody would look at twice so I never got hassled about it.

I did get hassled about 35% on a EK Civic I was driving though. Copper pulled out the light measuring tool and all.

Don't exceed it though, 20% sucks at night...

• Like 1

Tint a Car for me and both fronts for less than $100.

BTW dealers don't do it themselves, they take it to a local tinter so you might as well cut out the middle man and get it done with a a good warranty for a lower price.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just tinted the Megane,   I decided to just Tint the Front door windows to match the colour of the privacy Glass (Rear Qtr and back window) as close as possible.       The closest match i could find was Bolle 35% tint from Tint a Car.   ( Only $80 per door, $160 total... Bargain.) 

Just tinted the Megane,   I decided to just Tint the Front door windows to match the colour of the privacy Glass (Rear Qtr and back window) as close as possible.       The closest match i could find was Bolle 35% tint from Tint a Car.   ( Only $80 per door, $160 total... Bargain.) 

Good result Mike!

That's a bloody Great Deal. Did you go clear in the rear qtr and back window. ? Tint guys told me that factory privacy glass on my 265 CUP would already be darker than 35% VLT so if you add any tint to those windows greater than Clear you are potential for defect by the cops .

Cheers. Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk