Looking To Purchase - Rs 200 Clio Iv

unusual

Hi All,

Been reading through the forum and in particular the Clio IV section. Have not secured a car yet but already keen on a few mods!

Finally had a chance to take one for a test drive yesterday and was thoroughly impressed with it. Drove a Sport but I'm looking to purchase a Sport Premium.

Will now try to work out best price for the colour and accessories I'm after and hopefully sign on the dotted line in the next week or so. If there are any dealers on here I'm more than happy for you to get in touch! I'm based in Sydney but have no fear of purchasing interstate.

One question I do have for you all is there any upcoming limited editions that anyone knows about?? I don't need this car anytime soon and am happy to wait for something similar to the Monaco GP edition if they are on the horizon. 

Look forward to getting involved in the forum.

Cheers,

Andrew

Edited by unusual

There's the Clio RS Trophy 220 (20 more horses!)

http://www.motoring.com.au/news/2015/sports/renault/official-pics-renault-clio-rs-220-trophy-51830

I'm not sure if it has been confirmed for Australian shores yet.

Good luck. 

Been loving my RS Cup 7 months in

There's the Clio RS Trophy 220 (20 more horses!)

http://www.motoring.com.au/news/2015/sports/renault/official-pics-renault-clio-rs-220-trophy-51830

I'm not sure if it has been confirmed for Australian shores yet.

Good luck. 

Been loving my RS Cup 7 months in

Thanks Nic. I see yours is Flame red and that's my top colour choice at the moment too.

But that Trophy edition with black roof looks fantastic. 

• Like 1

I was told by the Renault Dealership where I bought my RS 200 recently that the 220 is expected at end of 2017, but nothing is confirmed.

2017! Wow I could buy a 200 now and trade it in then. 

Have decided I better take a Cup chassis for a test drive so will see if I can do that tomorrow sometime. All reports it's not really that harsh a ride. 

2017! Wow I could buy a 200 now and trade it in then. 

Have decided I better take a Cup chassis for a test drive so will see if I can do that tomorrow sometime. All reports it's not really that harsh a ride. 

SWMBO uses her Cup as a daily driver.  No issues at all for her.  She loves it!

I didn't even bother test driving the 'sport' chassis since I wanted the black rims (lol).  

TBH, the ride is great most of the time, even with the H&R springs which are meant to be stiffer.  When it isn't, it's usually because I chose not to slow down when I should have...

My occasional (once every 3 months or so) backseat occupants hate it however :P (Stock... They haven't experienced the lowered ride yet)

• Like 1

I didn't even bother test driving the 'sport' chassis since I wanted the black rims (lol).  

Universal decision making tool...  :mrgreen:

• Like 1

TBH, the ride is great most of the time, even with the H&R springs which are meant to be stiffer.  When it isn't, it's usually because I chose not to slow down when I should have...

My occasional (once every 3 months or so) backseat occupants hate it however :P (Stock... They haven't experienced the lowered ride yet)

The back seat passengers even complain about the harsh ride in my Sport model.  I don't think there is a lot of difference between the two ( I have driven both).

They are sports sedans after all and not long distance limousines.

Good luck shopping! 

I loved the launch control ... could have done it all day test driving it! 

In the end we've found the megane bigger inside but would have maybe benefited from the auto as I can't drive a manual fast. 

Anyway, looking forward to photos, and seeing you on a drive day or track day some time soon (if you're in NSW). 

PS I also would have only chosen the cup because of the wheels! They are awesome. 

So looks like I'm getting the Sport Premium in Flame Red. 2 weeks or so and should be in the driveway.

Car passed the stroller fitting test and my wife said red or black so as I wash the cars red it is!

I stayed away from the cup as I will most likely modify the car to my tastes and that will mean taking off a lot of the parts you pay extra for like wheels and springs. Although mods will not start too quick as I have another project on the go already.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Picked the car up on Sunday afternoon.

Have since done about 200 kms. Very happy with how the car drives so far and all the tech that it comes with. Surprisingly comfortable considering the handling and lack of body roll. I'm finding it particularly difficult to hold off opening it up from a roll as the mid range is quite impressive. 

I was surprised though to be advised when I picked the car up that they no longer do the complimentary 1000km service... Was advised first service is at 10,000kms.

I plan to drop the oil at 1000 and 5000 anyway. Will report back on quality of the oil.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Seems a bit strange. We had the 1000km in early Nov. More of a check over than a service but have not heard about not having it.

Although it's "complimentary", I think it's part of what you pay for when you pick up the car and they shouldn't be cutting corners, with a "she'll be right, we don't usually find anything anyway" sort of attitude. Perhaps give Renault Aust a call?

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies guys.

As I said before I was going to drop oil myself anyway and check things over. Just thought it strange they just say right off you go.

Absolutely loving the car but I'm itching to get it tuned. Going to wait until I have 5000kms on it. Been reading up on some good results for the SSS pulsar.

Thanks for the replies guys.

As I said before I was going to drop oil myself anyway and check things over. Just thought it strange they just say right off you go.

Absolutely loving the car but I'm itching to get it tuned. Going to wait until I have 5000kms on it. Been reading up on some good results for the SSS pulsar.

The 1000km 'service' seems to be a thing of the past.

With your oil change don't forget to use the recommended brand, which isn't for sale at the usual places; last I tried they couldn't even order it in. Best bet is buy some from the dealership, get a receipt, then any issues under warranty you're covered.

the 1000/1500kms comp check over was on dealer by dealer basis I think as opposed to a scheduled service. Basically when ours was done they checked fluid levels, wheel alignment and brakes. We asked them to apply the gearbox update which they happily did for us at the same time.

Up to 3000 klms on mine and love it.My dealer did the 1000 klm check.

Peter.

Thanks mmh. I will just be doing all that myself.

Will also probably change brake pads. Absolute ridiculous amount of brake dusts. I have run some harsh pads on other cars and this is up with the worst by far.

I suggest you leave the brake pads alone. They are probably the best pads you can get and will last for a long time. Ignore a bit of dust. It is easy to hose off. If you replace them it is wasted money for lower performance.

I suggest you leave the brake pads alone. They are probably the best pads you can get and will last for a long time. Ignore a bit of dust. It is easy to hose off. If you replace them it is wasted money for lower performance.

I disagree. The pads on the 200T could be a bit more bitey - and I noticed a drop in dust moving from stockers to ds2500s in my old Clio.

If the pads are not "bitey" it may be because they are a bit glazed. A spirited drive over a hill or two soon sorts that out. :)

• 2 months later...