From A Supra To A Megane Rs 250 Cup Trophee

Helipilot

G'day all,

After a couple of months driving my 250 RS, I can tell this little car is incredible. It goes like the clappers and the grip! the grip...

I bought mine from a mature driver (thankfully) from Melbourne, it had just cracked into the 70k ks.

Believe it or not before the Megane, I owned a 1993 Toyota Supra MKIV twin turbo targa top. No regrets, I love my Megane, it was just time for a change. (pics added).

I am looking forward to some meets (not sure if there are many in Vic) and to learn more about the Megane RS, modding, etc.

Cheers,

Allan.

post-21076-0-34457700-1444558262_thumb.jpg

post-21076-0-46604800-1444558313_thumb.jpg

post-21076-0-46226900-1444558328_thumb.jpg

post-21076-0-47476000-1444558331_thumb.jpg

post-21076-0-80365300-1444558334_thumb.jpg

post-21076-0-88794900-1444558336_thumb.jpg

post-21076-0-11623100-1444558339_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Hey welcome.

Keep an eye on the social section for drive days.

BTW I used to fly remote control aeroplanes. Does that count as being a pilot?  :wink:  My best plane was an Extra 300 aerobatic.

Edited by apple3337

Welcome. Assume from your user name you're a pilot? It'd interesting to find out how many RSs are owned by pilots... pretty high ratio I reckon.

Enjoy it.

Thanks R182. Yes, sorry about the name, not me trying to show off... I use "Helipilot" as a username for most things I do online. But answering you question, yes I fly choppers. Oil rig workers to platforms type of flying, like driving a bus but with a fan on top of your head. I don't know anyone else that is a pilot and has an RS, I accidentally "bumped" into the option of owning one. All guys at work love it so I guess it must please our big egos :)

Hey welcome.

Keep an eye on the social section for drive days.

BTW I used to fly remote control aeroplanes. Does that count as being a pilot?  :wink:  My best plane was an Extra 300 aerobatic.

Thanks apple3337. I'll definitely check the social section. Flying remote controlled air planes does't count as being a pilot but I reckon it requires more skill than being inside one. I managed to crash a couple of RC choppers when I tried to fly them and never really got to understand how they work. I have a quadcopter (small one) that is heaps of fun but I also crash it a lot...  it's still going though, but probably not for long. haha. Luckily this one has a digital gyro so it stays levelled most of the time, making my life a lot easier. The real life Extra 300 is awesome. I saw a guy hover a RC one during a display, amazing set of skills.

Edited by Helipilot

Thanks R182. Yes, sorry about the name, not me trying to show off... I use "Helipilot" as a username for most things I do online. But answering you question, yes I fly choppers. Oil rig workers to platforms type of flying, like driving a bus but with a fan on top of your head. I don't know anyone else that is a pilot and has an RS, I accidentally "bumped" into the option of owning one. All guys at work love it so I guess it must please our big egos :)

There is quite a few pilots on here including me :P and a controller

• Like 1

Thanks R182. Yes, sorry about the name, not me trying to show off... I use "Helipilot" as a username for most things I do online. But answering you question, yes I fly choppers. Oil rig workers to platforms type of flying, like driving a bus but with a fan on top of your head. I don't know anyone else that is a pilot and has an RS, I accidentally "bumped" into the option of owning one. All guys at work love it so I guess it must please our big egos [emoji2]

I have a quadcopter (small one) that is heaps of fun but I also crash it a lot...

Chopper bus driving sounds interesting. As for flying RC it's quite character building each time you crash! Lol. Edited by R182

Ha, really? I used to build and fly RC gliders. [emoji1]

Yeah got right into it. Huge fun. Haven't flown for a while now, but I'd like to get back into it.

I still have a bunch of planes that survived my flying career. 

• Like 1

Welcome helipilot.. I did 21 years in the RAAF. I suppose that sort of counts as a flyer but not as a pilot. Did 4.5 yrs in 292SQN P3s during that time. Enjoy your Trophy, they are a class above.  :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone, enjoying my RS that's for sure. Last week I came back from Melbourne airport with 5 travel bags and three adults... I am so surprised how spacious the boot is!!! I managed to put more bags in than the taxi from the hotel in Sydney to the airport did (Toyota Camry). And both my passengers were amazed how comfortable this little car is. I love how the RS is the best of all worlds... Spacious but sporty, economical but powerful, comfortable but it handles like a track car. 

Also, I saw an RS (250 cup I think) parked at Balmoral beach in Sydney. White like mine, it had red rims and red decals. Not my style but it looked tough! Anyone from here?

Edited by Helipilot

Welcome helipilot.. I did 21 years in the RAAF. I suppose that sort of counts as a flyer but not as a pilot. Did 4.5 yrs in 292SQN P3s during that time. Enjoy your Trophy, they are a class above.   :)

Thanks Busgo, that's a lot of time with the Air Force, I tried to join in 2004 but I wasn't smart enough for the job... At least that was what they said lol. Were you a navigator or flight engineer?

Also, I saw an RS (250 cup I think) parked at Balmoral beach in Sydney. White like mine, it had red rims and red decals. Not my style but it looked tough! Anyone from here?

White with red decals and rims sounds like you saw a Teophy R... Well done as they are pretty rare.... Good to hear of them sunning themselves at the beach... :)

• Like 1

Thanks Busgo, that's a lot of time with the Air Force, I tried to join in 2004 but I wasn't smart enough for the job... At least that was what they said lol. Were you a navigator or flight engineer?

Neither Helipilot I was an IT man and the P3 Orion runs on a Univac mainframe computer that controls all the rear end sensor stations plus the navigation aids for the crew. Rear end sensor stations are things such as radar, acoustic and sonar, magnetic anomoly, weather and weapons systems recording. Then entire mission is recorded for analysis.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Imagine if the team at Toyota decided to develop a new Supra :lol:

Had to say it "Get to the choppa!"

And display it LOL :)

image.png.e3ed7b16891921a1dd20daf3d6faeecd.png

Edited by RS250CUP
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

^^^^ gees , just had a closer look at your pic and thought you were my mother in law!!! scary :)

you still  got the GTA? theres a few Alfa fans on here

am sure the Melbourne crew will be organising something , saw a bunch at the Simply Sports Cars opening at Southbank  before the GP

Edited by rob 240

Nar i sold the GTA when I lived in QLD....that car gave me so much shit yet i loved it and miss it. 

One day i will buy one again. i still say i had the best colour for that shape and the black wheels just set it off.

on a side note awesome looking rims but a pain in the a$$ to clean like the Rs265.

DSCF4308.JPG

DSCF4311.JPG

DSCF4319.JPG

DSCF4312.JPG