Brand New Clio Cup

Alphy9250

Hi guys,

I put on here about a week ago one of my first posts when I happily picked up my brand new Clio Cup. It was such an awesome day to drive out of the dealer in a car that I'd put all my efforts into purchasing over the past year.

Had it just over a week. Loved every minute of it. Then this.....

post-20404-144401393945_thumb.jpg

Some idiot on the M5 run straight up my a***. Luckily for me the Clio has awesome brakes and tyres so I didn't hit the car in front.

Now just waiting on the insurance companies to tell me how long. Gutted!

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Hi guys,

I put on here about a week ago one of my first posts when I happily picked up my brand new Clio Cup. It was such an awesome day to drive out of the dealer in a car that I'd put all my efforts into purchasing over the past year.

Had it just over a week. Loved every minute of it. Then this.....

20151003_124238.jpg

Some idiot on the M5 run straight up my a***. Luckily for me the Clio has awesome brakes and tyres so I didn't hit the car in front.

Now just waiting on the insurance companies to tell me how long. Gutted!

That's bloody annoying (to put it mildly) especially after working towards ownership for a long period and then to have this happen so soon after. Get it checked for chassis alignment in the repair process. Hope all 'the ducks line up in a row' to make for a quick speedy and satisfactory repair. Feel for you. ????

Hi Alphy, you need to ensure a good job is done on the repairs, I don't know your location but if you are around the north shore / Northern beaches, I can highly recommend Mosman Smash repairs in Brookvale. They have a very high standard of smash repair and their paint jobs are second to none. Try to get a good repairer so you will be satisfied with the end result or choose to elect your own repairer through the insurance companies, I know I would.

Iceman's right - depending on insurer new for old 12-24 months is fairly common. 

Feel for you; we nearly had a driver sail into the passenger side on Saturday while overtaking. Heart-stopping moment. Had to swerve out of lane to avoid being hit; just lucky there wasn't a vehicle on the drivers' side. They had no idea we were passing them until my wife gave them the death stare once we'd safely passed.

Yes, the car has to be a write off.

That's really bad luck and also another reason I have had a dash cam fitted within the second week of ownership.

Hope it gets fixed up quickly so you can enjoy the fun.

I'm hoping to find out in the next day or so the extent of the damage. The car got moved to the repairer yesterday so they're gonna do a quote for the insurance company. I decided to go with the insurance companies recommend repairer as I don't really know any in my area and that way if something goes wrong it's on the insurance company and not me. I don't think it'll be a write off due to the look of the damage so I think new for old is out. But these days you never know.

Went and saw my car a the smash repairer today. More damage than I thought. It's gonna need some metal work where initially I thought just bumpers. Still unsure on the frame and a quote but looking like the bloke that hit me will be up for a bit now that I found out he doesn't have insurance. Unlucky! post-20404-144437195569_thumb.jpg

Unlucky for him or you for hitting your 1 week old car?

I guess it's unlucky for both parties but i'm sure majority of us feel your pain because of the special badge. But still hope all goes well for the two of you fellas and no injuries occurred from the accident!

• 2 weeks later...

Went and saw my car a the smash repairer today. More damage than I thought. It's gonna need some metal work where initially I thought just bumpers. Still unsure on the frame and a quote but looking like the bloke that hit me will be up for a bit now that I found out he doesn't have insurance. Unlucky! attachicon.gif 20151009_081432.jpg

That is one sad face your poor car has [emoji25]

Very sorry for you, hope the timeline doesn't get any longer

• 1 month later...