Should I Buy A Clio Rs 200 Cup And Sell My Rs265

cpw

whats you thoughts on this who has gone from a meg rs250 - rs265 to a clio rs 200

will I regret selling the rs265 cup premium and getting the clio rs 200 cup

will the clio rs be a better car for every day driving around town

will the clio rs make me smile like the rs265

whats you thoughts 

cheers

I'm assuming you are talking Clio 3.

It's not a stupid question at all.

I test drove a Meg and chose the Clio.

It depends what you want in a car that's all. Watch the videos on my website to get inspired.
And then drive one... :yes:   :news:

If its a clio 4 rs your talking about then yes its a crazy idea as EDC isnt as easy to use as manual in traffic IMO.

If its a Clio 3 no its not a crazy idea i still would i be happier if i had of gone the redbull 200 that day instead of my meg 250 cup.

Both are brilliant handling cars but the megs torque rush is addictive because of that turbo.

Goodluck in whatever decision you make.

Are you considering a clio because of family?

yes its a lot about the family with 2 children under 2 years

and im not driving the rs265 enough

and the wife wont drive the rs265

we do have a family car its a VW R36 wagon and it is grate and a thrill to drive  

Edited by cpw
  • Like 1

Yeah I can understand that.

Its not such a crazy idea considering you have 2 kids in that age group.

there is less room in the clio especially leg room compared to the meg.

but you do get four doors and an auto for the wife and I guess you could mod it to have a little extra power and better handling.

your decision at the end of the day, maybe go for a test drive and take the kids and wife and see how it feels?

Goodluck.

I reckon my Clio has more rear legroom/headroom than the Meg.

Sure you have to put the front seat forward a bit from fully back, but I cart around teenagers in the back of mine no problem.

Sounds like the missus won't drive a manual (like mine) :roll:

So the missus drives the VW and you drive an RS. What exactly is the problem?

I've raised two kids in a Meg 225 and then the Clio III Red Bull. The wife had the 225 for quite some time, including when our youngest was still rear facing. Now it's the Clio and a W204 Merc C200 Kompressor. While the doors are four, it missing the excitement.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

So after all the advice and a lengthy discussion and some test driving with the wife the rs265 is here to stay (tanks kaesh we must be crazy to lol)

We will be looking at re assessing things in 2016

Thanks again all you clio rs and meg rs  owners

Cheers

• Like 1

Hahahaha good to hear the meg is staying.

Seriously though i always get asked during school runs why i dont have a more practical car until i open the huge doors and let thwm look in the back of the meg.

Because of the way its designed i can just about stand up in there, so unless your 6ft or so then its not that bad and kids grow anyway right? My boy is 16mnths old now and ive carried him in and out of my car since birth. My daughter wasnt too bad as she was 4 when i got the car and could get in and out on her own with a little help to fasten belts etc..

Crazy or not it seems to work for us hahahaha

Edited by kaesh

Get a Scenic and add whatever RenaultSport parts you want to get it to perform/sound like you want.

Nobody cares what a soccer-mum-car looks like in the city.

Maybe there is a way to get all the goodness of a 265 into a Scenic.

I love my 200 EDC. I also love my mates 265. The 5 doors makes the daycare drop off easy for my 2 kids. I even like the EDC. It grows on you the more you live with it and the harder you hammer it. Very fit for purpose! Do I miss the manual - Sometimes yes, sometimes no. It's my work car and does everything bang on. See if you can borrow one for an extended test drive. The golf is the 'head' decision, the clio is the 'heart'. 

• Like 2

clio RS200 edc cup is a solid car. BFYB imo it beats the mk7 GTI... save yourself $10k+ in the process.

lived with it now for 12 mths and can't fault it. i have x2 kids under 4.

cup suspension is well balanced for daily drive. not as harsh as the clio3RS200. 

• Like 1

clio RS200 edc cup is a solid car. BFYB imo it beats the mk7 GTI... save yourself $10k+ in the process.

lived with it now for 12 mths and can't fault it. i have x2 kids under 4.

cup suspension is well balanced for daily drive. not as harsh as the clio3RS200. 

i'm glad to hear this - no kids as yet but let's just say i'm starting to collect good reasons for me to still have a 2 door RS and the wife to have the clio RS200 edc in a couple of years time. so baby seats, prams in the boot etc are no issue for you? plan B is a golf gti dsg =( But i'd rather a his and hers RS set up!

I love my 200 EDC. I also love my mates 265. The 5 doors makes the daycare drop off easy for my 2 kids. I even like the EDC. It grows on you the more you live with it and the harder you hammer it. Very fit for purpose! Do I miss the manual - Sometimes yes, sometimes no. It's my work car and does everything bang on. See if you can borrow one for an extended test drive. The golf is the 'head' decision, the clio is the 'heart'.

I'd concur with this.

My previous drive was a 205 GTi. When it was time to replace my wife wanted something with 5 doors and auto. I wanted something with the same fizz as the 205. Yeah I do miss the manual but even full auto in sport mode can be fun. Switch to manual paddles for a twisty bit.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

We went from an impreza 5 door hatch and a 207 Xt 5 door hatch to an i20 and 265 RS Sport, both 3 doors.

No kids but a Cattle dog x Great Dane (25kg) and he fits across the back seat just fine in both cars, not a fan of the acceleration in the RS [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

not a fan of the acceleration in the RS [emoji4]

Only because there is no rear window to hang his head out and do "fighter puppy" ears...  A dog needs to have fighter puppy ears, then acceleration is fine (in my experience)  :mrgreen:

Doesn't work so well with SWMBO though....  :roll:

• Like 1