I Must Have The Bug....

Safetyman

Ha ha... This. Plus, not exactly an easy one but very rewarding. She'll love it.

I think it's damn easy to drive!

It's such a little torque monster.

You can leave it in third or fourth and just be lazy all day.

She'll have a rude shock when she drives someone else's car.

• Like 1

I think it's damn easy to drive!

It's such a little torque monster.

You can leave it in third or fourth and just be lazy all day.

She'll have a rude shock when she drives someone else's car.

She'll think it's broken!

Kudos mate, a fine car choice. Pretty keen to get my little guy behind the wheel of one of these when he's old enough.

At this point in time, it's one of only 3 small cars at this price range with stability control.

It's amazing technology and I want to give my little girl every possible chance out there.

Yep, that's a big one. The lights and horn are pretty good too, as are the airbags etc. for a hatchback of that age. Now it just needs an open pod filter so she can scare boys away. LOL.   

Edited by R182

Totally agree on the horn!

Anyone out there with a wreck that would like to sell their horns?

The other 2 choices were the up! and the micra. Both with timing chain issues and neither with enough power to pull the skin off a rice custard.

At some point she'll be headed north or south with the girls to beaches and if she has to round up a caravan or a semi, she'll need some grunt to achieve it safely, which the Clio has in spades.

• Like 1

Good work Safetyman, One of life's great pleasures as a Dad is to buy a car for his daughter.  They really appreciate it, and will remember for years (likely for ever) afterwards.  You did a great thing with a great car. She looks very happy.

Happy girl, happy family!  And another generation of OZRS forum member as well...  Win, win, win.

Well done.  :D

• Like 1

Totally agree on the horn!

Anyone out there with a wreck that would like to sell their horns?

I've got a spare horn (no jokes please) if you've got a spare six pack of Little Creatures Pale Ale

• Like 2

Glad to see that she's enjoying her...My son misses his first car quite a lot!

He had a lot of fun driving the little Clio, and I'm/he's sure that your daughter will love her just as much!

He's also very happy to see her go to such a good home...

Thanks again Carlos!

Just had a  reverse flash back, your daughter looks so similar to mine, just a few years older.  I'm hoping she'll be in a RSC too at that age, perfect learners cars I recon, - safe, responsive and organic and really teach you whats going on.

All the best to her. 

• Like 1

I've got a spare horn (no jokes please) if you've got a spare six pack of Little Creatures Pale Ale

Done!

I'll bring them to the track  :hyper:

Glad to see that she's enjoying her...My son misses his first car quite a lot!

He had a lot of fun driving the little Clio, and I'm/he's sure that your daughter will love her just as much!

He's also very happy to see her go to such a good home...

Thanks again Carlos!

Thank you Franck and Mark for looking after her!

What a great little car!

Tiz seriously considered throwing Gabby the keys to the Skoda and keeping it for herself.

She drove it home with Jaime and she obliged Jaime's request to open the exhaust and floor it past a Subaru Forester with a fart can. :mrgreen:

Mark will see her again at the track in July although she'll be a little more "subtle" with the way she sounds....

• Like 1

The active safety stuff is great, but what the Clio also has is a great level of passive safety due to an excellent chassis and setup. The reality is that you have to get it pretty badly wrong to overcome the chassis grip, let alone activate the esp. Assuming decent rubber....

I agree Matt.

I want her to be able to point and shoot with no question that the car will do what she asks of it.

And more success today!

She managed to do the school run this afternoon on Military Rd with only a couple of stalls :)

Mate, she's a natural.  Better get her kitted out with a helmet too, and race suit, shoes and gloves.  All the "safety" gear, so to speak....  She'll be track-ready in no time!  :D