NEW OzRS FORUM

Bremund

Sorry if this has been covered before but, I can't edit my OP on this thread.

http://ozrenaultsport.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/22454-victorian-clio-3-owners-group-pls-sign-up/

Help please!!

Thanks.

Gee, you did pretty well on your list in the end. Makes me wonder how many /few (daily) Clio 1*2s there are in Melbourne...

Sorry if this has been covered before but, I can't edit my OP on this thread.

http://ozrenaultsport.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/22454-victorian-clio-3-owners-group-pls-sign-up/

Help please!!

Thanks.

It seems I can't edit my OP in my Members Ride subforum, too. Wonder if it's the OP becomes non-editable after a time period?

It seems I can't edit my OP in my Members Ride subforum, too. Wonder if it's the OP becomes non-editable after a time period?

I just tried one from 2013 in the interesting classifieds thread and I can't edit it. Is it possibly the ones created in the old forum aren't editable in the new?

I just tried one from 2013 in the interesting classifieds thread and I can't edit it. Is it possibly the ones created in the old forum aren't editable in the new?

I don't think that's even it, I can't seem to edit any posts that I've made past a certain point.

My thread & posts even from new forum there's just no edit button after a certain point (not sure on timing).

That said, even when I hit *reply* to my thread, it added it as an edit to the OP, which leads me to suspect it being a forum code specific thing.

How do I stop it defaulting to the mobile browser site? It's simply awful in generic blue with no photos or site logos, and in this day and age of large screen smartphones being able to render websites as the designer intended, it's really not necessary.

I've gotta admit, I'm struggling to adjust to this change. I can't see what the issue was with the old site. Not to take away from Bremunds fantastic work, but was it change for changes sake?? I enjoyed what the old forum software offered, despite its age.

Edited by Danny

Danny, it may take some getting used to. I'm still feeling my way around. The changeover wasn't purely for the sake of it. The new platform brings some interesting features and ease of use in the backend. The e-store facilities are going to make our efforts to sell Nationals packages and calendars etc so much easier, just to give you one example.

I don't think that's even it, I can't seem to edit any posts that I've made past a certain point.

My thread & posts even from new forum there's just no edit button after a certain point (not sure on timing).

That said, even when I hit *reply* to my thread, it added it as an edit to the OP, which leads me to suspect it being a forum code specific thing.

Hey guys, if you become a supporter you can edit old posts.

Still a few bugs to sort out, guys. Please be patient :)

To be honest I struggled a bit at first with the new platform but now I can't even remember what the old site was like. I'm very used to this one.

My advice is to prioritise a list of bugs and enhancements and work through as appropriate.

I would like to know why someone made a decision to change something that worked and was intuitive into this new thing - terrible!!!!! Reminds me of Google - change for the sake of change for the developers and not the users.

I would like to know why someone made a decision to change something that worked and was intuitive into this new thing - terrible!!!!! Reminds me of Google - change for the sake of change for the developers and not the users.

A bit harsh!

It was weird at first but now I think it is really easy to find what you want.

Seriously a bit disrespectful don't you think?

Can't see how someone cannot see this change has been great in allot of ways, just look for the features they are all there...

Sorry but I hate it when people completely disrespect someone's hard work.

• Like 1

Although it is true that not all change is progress, it is also true that there is no progress without change. I would argue that the change has been huge progress (some that may not be obvious right now).

We've all had to find our way with the new version. It's really not a big deal at all.

• Like 1

Welcome to the modern world mate. And being a Universtity Lecturer I'm sure the content and application of your lessons has changed over time to adapt to an ever changing demographic and keep up with society. I'm probably the biggest computer numpty on the forum and i still worked out how to use the new format.

• Like 2

"Welcome to the modern world mate. And being a Universtity Lecturer I'm sure the content and application of your lessons has changed over time to adapt to an ever changing demographic and keep up with society. I'm probably the biggest computer numpty on the forum and i still worked out how to use the new format."

Was going to post a comment like this too. Saw profession down as Uni Lecturer and thought WTF?

Many thoughts going through my head in regards to things like printing presses, signal towers, messenger riders, and horse and buggies etc... :P

Cheers.

Edit: How weird that the quote from above ended up getting moved into my post???

Edited by Treza360
  • Like 2

Old saying 'you can please some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time but you can't please all of the people all of the time'.  Vive la difference. (long live the difference).    :D        :news:

So will the url for the forum now always be http://ozrenaultsport.invisionzone.com/ or will it one day go back to being http://ozrenaultsport.com/forums or something similar.

Cheers.

What he said.

Also, I never got an answer on stopping the auto defaulting to the mobile browser - again, in this day and age of iDevices and S-whatever's with their large screens, crappy mobile browsers are simply no longer needed. I want to see the new forum in all its colourful and picturesque glory, not some rubbish pale blue mishmash of buttons and reduced user friendliness.

• 2 weeks later...

Righto new bug. It seems there's some kind of auto correct turned on for at least thread titles. Great in theory. Rubbish in practice.

See title of this thread I edited today (re-uploaded schedules).

http://ozrenaultsport.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/22111-rs-clio-iii-197200-service-schedule-costs/?p=448430

RS -> Rs

R.S. -> R.s.

Clio III -> Clio Iii

Auto correct fail... :(

Cheers.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if it's my setup ... but I've noticed quite a bit recently that some (not all) pictures uploaded by others into their threads cant be seen on my PC, however I can see the same pictures if I view that thread on Tapatalk. 

This is one example ... http://ozrenaultsport.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/21659-172-suspension-mods/page-2

Anyone else experiencing this? 

Not sure if I'm doing it right but on the mobile site if I haven't read a thread before that is say 5 pages, I need to go through each page rather than being able to see the most recent post....

Yeah, you're probably better off with Tapatalk ... you can skip to the end and it'll show you the newest unread post first.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Interesting. There's a lot of editing functions when you reply but they don't all seem to work. For example, if you select the strike through icon, it works whilst editing but the line disappears when you actual post the text. 

• Like 1