NEW OzRS FORUM

Bremund

So the new forum is live!!!!

I'm sure there are bugs and problems, so post up here and let me know.

First up, it seems some people will need to revalidate their emails. Sorry about that.

Second, looks like we've lost avatars.

Also tapatalk isn't active yet, I believe to make it work correctly we need to wait for the domain to come across. PaulD is managing that.

Please keep an eye out for other stuff.

Thanks,

Brendan

• Like 1

Agree with Numbnut above.

I miss the "view latest posts" or "active posts" whatever it was.

That made keeping up with the latest posts really easy.

Hopefully you can bring it back.

Keep up the great work team!

Agree with Numbnut above.

I miss the "view latest posts" or "active posts" whatever it was.

That made keeping up with the latest posts really easy.

Hopefully you can bring it back.

Keep up the great work team!

Right at the top of the page, next to your username, is "View New Content".

Looks good so far. However looks like we've lost all PMs too which may be an issue for some.

Also wish it would scale the forum a bit wider than it does currently. Probably only takes up the equivalent of half the width on a 1920x wide screen.

Vehicle garages no longer available? And will be need to reload our avatars or will they come back?

Don't want to sound like a party pooper but the new interface feels a lot like the new tapatalk in that there seems to be a ton of wasted space.

Everything seems to be magnified, less posts can fit on one page.

I've nothing to do with the interface, I can feed that back.

Nice work, thanks Brendan! I assume we will be back to out usual domain at some stage?

Yeah, domain should come across soon. I'll let people know when it does.

Looks nice a fresh...but the YouTube embedding appears to have gone away which is very annoying. Avatars appear to be AWOL too

I'm going to look at fixing youtube embedding. There's actually less space (about 5% of the old server) on this new server, so some things didn't fit. Should be just a small inconvenience to create a new avatar.

Looks good so far. However looks like we've lost all PMs too which may be an issue for some.

Also wish it would scale the forum a bit wider than it does currently. Probably only takes up the equivalent of half the width on a 1920x wide screen.

I've had a look at pms, I should be able to move them across pretty easy.

Vehicle garages no longer available? And will be need to reload our avatars or will they come back?

No more garage, it's not part of this forum software. You'll need to reload your avatars :(

I cant seem to be able to log in anymore

What was your username, I'll take a look.

I think at the moment we have to click on posters avatar and then send message through that.

Great work, team! I'm liking this a lot. Keep the issue feedback coming and we'll work through it one at a time. Stage 2 will include a new landing page that covers things such as latest news, feature cars, event notifications/reports, supporter offers, etc, etc.

Really liking the new style of the site, done a great job, especially on mobile (both the mobile version & desktop version seem to work great on my iphone 6) but as Daniel said the scaling on desktop seems a bit off, only using quite a small portion of the centre of my screen (1920x1080).

Not sure if it's possible but perhaps adding the active topics/newest posts section underneath the recent topics on the home forum page would be a nice little addition as well. (Unless this is how it already works and it was just coincidentally all new topics when I checked, then disregard :P)

There's pros and cons regarding the new platform (IPB) and the old (phpBB). One of the criticisms of IPB is the text editor being buggy and not simple text (web form) based.

However, youtube videos can now be embedded natively in IPB, it's meant to be a better visual experience overall.

Great to see the migration was a success Brendan.

Looks good but one thing I have noticed is that when viewing the mobile site, when I view a thread and then go back the 'loading' pop-up doesn't clear. If I ignore it, click on and view another thread and then go back again I now have 2 'loading' pop-ups on the screen which aren't clearing. A bit annoying as I have this issue on another forum which has recently changed to this new forum interface as well...