New RS200

chris043

Hi....just bought a new liquid yellow Clio RS200 Sport and very happy with it. I am an older guy but always wanted to own a hot hatch before I get too old to drive and this model seemed to be the pick of what was available for the money.

Great to join a forum such as this and share info and obtain advice.....Cheers. :)

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the purchase!! One of the great things about this forum (and the Renault Brand) is the great mix of ages, backgrounds etc who love and drive these cars! You can never be to young or to old to enjoy one of the best and rewarding driving experiences (a reasonable amount of) money can buy! I hope you love the car and you have bought the best colour IMO - awesome!! Which part of the country are you from?

Thanks for the welcome....I am from Albion Park, NSW, about 20 minutes south of Wollongong.

Thanks for the welcome....I am from Albion Park, NSW, about 20 minutes south of Wollongong.

Congrats on the purchase Chris.

I'm in the Gong as well, hope to see your car, might have to go for a spin together. Love the 200, and in LY, doesn't get much better. :D

The foothills of Mac Pass! Very jealous.

Went for a drive up Mc Pass on the weekend, but just got stuck in Holiday traffic both ways. All about the timing really. :?

The wife and I retired some years ago with 2 cars but recently decided that we didn't really need 2 cars because we were only covering about 15,000km yearly in total.

So we sold our daily driver which was a 2008 Toyota Aurion and my weekend fun car, a 1999 Mazda MX5 convertible to buy the RS200 Sport. It was a big decision as both these cars were in excellent condition & you never get what they are really worth selling them privately as you know.

It seems to be the best of both worlds though, as the wife can potter around in 'Normal' mode to do the shopping etc. and I can have fun giving it a squirt occasionally in 'Sport' or 'Race' mode. :D