Upgrading a Scenic with RS-Components

clixx-io

It's only the K-Tec intake causing the noise, it doesn't give you any more power, just noise :wink:....... Replace it with a normal airbox (if it will fit) and it will be quiet and she won't even know.

Fair enough.

One of the workshops was looking at it and saying they could do a custom cold intake in stainless-steel.

I'm going back on Friday and will discuss with them how much to pipe for supercharging. Will see what he says.

Isn't there an issue where you can't rev it to 7k? Power aside I'm sure the torque would be much better?

Did you have it dyno'd prior?

Also there's easily power loss through the trans..how much who knows.

It feels more powerful, and feels faster. But sadly I have no numbers available from before to validate it.

The Dyno guy was a bit surprised because he said it felt like it had more. It's all power to weight ratio as he says, and I'm welcome to go back there for more dyno runs anytime I wish.

The extra power of the RS-172 engine is between 6,000 and 7,500 rpm but I'm not getting to that yet.

Things may change, and I may find a way to unlock the higher rpm's.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh yeah. I was actually driving out there - but I'm quite certain I wasn't overtaken.

Maybe you can get a faster top gear installed or something - like a #7 gear for overtaking Scenics.

That might help. :)

• Like 2