hello.... from Jakarta....

zzt231silver

Welome mate.We have a saying here that it didn't happen if there are no pic's. Love to see the beast.

I have spent a lot of time in Indo and have never seen a Renaultsport. Great to hear that they are making a presence up there.

It probably won't be as reliable as the WRX but heaps more fun. :)

G'day Ted, welcome to the forum there is lots of good info here. WRX is a great car but I am sure the RS265 will be a pleasurable experience too, enjoy!

Thanks Dessy.... yes, i can be sure about that too... much more comfy, much nicer interior trim and design, better built quality and of course more eye catching than the bad boy ride (the STi).... 8)

Welome mate.We have a saying here that it didn't happen if there are no pic's. Love to see the beast.

I have spent a lot of time in Indo and have never seen a Renaultsport. Great to hear that they are making a presence up there.

It probably won't be as reliable as the WRX but heaps more fun. :)

Thanks Pez.... so you were stationed here in Indo before? good to know that... yes... you are right, RenaultSport has just been established like 1.5 years ago, and was in the same dealership with VW and Audi (VAG)... they are carrying not only RS265, buat also the new Clio Sport this year.... i hope parts will not be an issue with them, but hey you guys have lots of RS stuff in Oz, i could always buy from Oz since my in-laws are in Sydney, and i frequent Sydney quiet a lot too ....

reliability i hope is on par with the STi.... funny the Subaru dealership only carry STi not WRX here... even with the STi, people here have been having issues too.... mostly with the fuel grade.... we only have 95 RON max... hope the RS265 can drink 95 with no issues (finger crossed).... so far so good, it only has 3000km on the clock.... wish me luck Pez... :mrgreen:

95ron is fine, but works better on 98 or higher. Others can go on about the benefits. Dont worry about reliability. The car will be fine and its still under warranty anyway.

Thats good to hear... yes it comes with a 3yrs/ 100,000 km warranty..

Hi Ted, I spent a number of years travelling to Jakarta for work, actually miss the place. Congrats on getting the 265, would be interesting driving it around with the traffic there. I imagine you will have to get out of town to give it a good run.

ahh... Jakarta is fun if you know where to hang out haha... yes i love the RS, an traffic could be horrific here as you know, but hey surprisingly the RS' clutch is alright. yes, we need to hit the freeway to test the car, and usually once in a month my friends and i gather to hit the freeway in early Sunday morning hours to "exercise" our cars, and hitting slightly more than 200kmh is very common :D

What? U can get a rs in Jakarta? Was there in Nov and I didn't see a single Renault! Amazing. Gotta tell my friend who lives there!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

yes, yes.... RS is launched in Sept/Oct 2013 during the International Motor Show, and i think they have only sold around 8 RS unit in Jakarta... people opt to go for Sciroccos, GTis, STis... but i want something different... reading the review of RS, it has better overall results compared to them.

tell ur mate, dealership is offering Redbull Edition on discounted price and only 1 left :D