New 2014 Renault Clio RS200EDC Cup Trophy - Mercury Grey

MercuryRS200

Hi All,

Picked up my 2014 Renault Clio RS200EDC Cup Trophy in Mercury Grey just over a week ago - only 300kms so far so still running in the engine under 3500rpm for the first 1000km. Looking forward to having some fun with it once run in.

So far the only accessories are Renault Factory Alarm, and OptiCoat Paint Protection. I think I will need to swap out the factory speakers and install a sub when I can as the stock stereo system is not so great. Later might look at Superchip Bluefin and a KTR Supersports Cat Back Exhaust System so it sounds as good on the outside as it does on the inside with the R-Sound Effects on :wink:

Cheers.

MercuryRS200

Welcome and congrats mate! Post some pics if you can - not many around in silver!

I was reasonably tame for the first 1000km in mine but it definitely saw more than 3500rpm on several occasions. Renaultsports loved to be punished to don't nurse her too much 8)

Best colour :) welcome. Let's see some pics.

• 4 weeks later...

I have heard (second hand of course) that running in a car by thrashing vs nursing there is actually better longevity and flexibility in the engine that has been thrashed.

Worth looking in to. One website supporting this theory:

http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

And congrats! Love the clio RS. Great colour!

Picked up my 2014 Renault Clio RS200EDC Cup Trophy in Mercury Grey just over a week ago - only 300kms so far so still running in the engine under 3500rpm for the first 1000km. Looking forward to having some fun with it once run in.

Drive it harder! The harder the run-in, the stronger the engine. Just don't smash the limiter and don't labour the engine, rev when cold.

Congrats either way :)