Cost of Renault Bits

1233Z

Thought the FAQ section would be a good place to start a 'cost of stuff' thread.

e.g The airbag computer module on my mrs clio expression apparently shat itself according to Melville Euro. I intially thought it would have been loose wiring underneath the seat on the passenger side in accordance with previous threads but not the case. Anyhoo the cost of replacement is $700.

Also when my mrs purchased her clio expression 2nd hand from Melville Renault approx 18mths ago she only got 1 key. Found this out only after we had signed the deal. Not something you regularly bargain for - "could you throw in a spare key please?"

I was quoted approx $300 for another key.

Also thought it would be a good idea to bold the cost and the item if you intend to spin some useless sh*te like i have for instance.

under warranty but anyway

New Seat Rails - Driver Seat Only - $1200.00 - Damaged after a track day of my little body slamming around the seat

New Steering wheel - main ring only - $630 - following an outrageously hot day in December when the glue melted on thumb rests

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

I could go and buy another 19 and then face the same problems 6 months down the track, atleast everything is now A1. Besides, I can't think of a time when someone hasn't been ripped off or lost money whilst they have owned a car. Yes, I too was very annoyed at the time, but I still love my little renault.

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm saving for new driver's side seat rails $937and d/s Xenon low beam bulb $246 wholesale from Main North Renault

Does any one have any idea where either of these items may be picked up used in good cond? there's no Renault wreckers in adelaide

I love my 172, but if anything is going to drive me back to Japanese it's cost and availability of standard parts and performance bits.I've really had a gutsfull

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
182 CUP = Tube Assy Exhaust Front = $2570.94 :shock:

Tube Assy?

Hehehheh, Cat Converter and the rest.... Basically the WHOLE front section of the exhaust system.... Well thats what i think as im reading it from the invoice....

OH MY GOD. No wonder Renault refused to change my exhaust system, which is again getting VERY close to the rear bumper!

OH MY GOD. No wonder Renault refused to change my exhaust system, which is again getting VERY close to the rear bumper!

They will sooner or later.... Because the Exhaust System is so stiff and the engine moves around heaps will cause further flex, bend, cracks etc

With all the present movement my exhaust clamp managed to unscrew itself fall of.

Hmmmmm - Funny you should say that. I think mine is too tight though. It doesn't sit as low as it should - hence looks as though the bumper is about to sit on the exhaust. I think though the Cat might be dropping in the centre, hence causing the tips to lift.

But yea, good to know the cost of the exhaust! Extended Warranty it is...

• 5 weeks later...

FYI, quote from MNR in Adelaide: for 172.

CAMBELT KIT $ 261.45

LABOUR $ 464.00

TOTAL $745.45

CLUTCH CABLE $ 146.90

LABOUR $ 193.60

TOTAL $ 340.50

CLUTCH ASSEMBLY $ 465.00

GEAR BOX OIL $ 59.00

MACHINE FLYWHEEL $ 80.00

LABOUR $ 871.20

TOTAL $1475.20

Anyone had any experience of replacing a clutch cable? improvements? (mine is stiff and biting very low)

Anyone had any experience of replacing a clutch cable? improvements? (mine is stiff and biting very low)

Its not normallly a problem, usually only attached at either end and maybe one or two clamps along its length to

hold it in place. Check what the fitting is like through the firewall, thats what may decide for you wether a pro

does the job or if you can try it yourself as its usually the hardest part to get done.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok here's my list of parts, all from Renault all +GST.

Lower control arm $137.76

RH Drive shaft $437.08

Bumper reinforcer $215.57

Bumper reinforcer support $49.19

Front Sub frame #1057.06

Drive shaft seal $15.94

Hub Nut $11.68

Headlight $300

Wing $190

Steering rod $143.83

Bonnet slam panel $245.10

Clutch release fork $80.83

Syncro kit $175.87

Extra syncro not in kit for sport box $365.80

Starter solenoid $225.35

Secondary shaft inner bearing $30.44

Roof skin $1141.60

RH quarter panel $1022.26

Front roof cross member $144.17

Windscreen $488.71

Timing belt kit $218.58

Engine mount RH $180.57

RH door shell $550

Carbon fuel canister $110

Door hinges $94.27

I'd take these prices as a rough guide only as Renault realised I was going to spend quite a bit of money and helped me out in certain areas.

Anybody after any second hand interior parts I have quite a few. I am keeping door trims and most of the dash but the rest has to go. I have airbags, stacker etc. still.

• 2 months later...
DS2500's (fr) $260 a pair. p/n FCP406H

(there appears to have been a price rise accross the board, was $212 , now $260. V-sport, BMsport both same)

v-Sport and Barrie Smith MSport = Same guys...

The price rise occued back in Sept 06... I suffered that one.. :(

justin

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone one to make a guess of what it will cost me?

Front sub frame

front left panel

front bumper

One wheel refurb

3 flats, one shredded

Front left headlight with xenon

Paint

Oh, yeah, I have decided not to replace the front fog light, I will instead route my intake for the K&N there after painting it orange to match the car

Anyone one to make a guess of what it will cost me?

Front sub frame

front left panel

front bumper

One wheel refurb

3 flats, one shredded

Front left headlight with xenon

Paint

Oh, yeah, I have decided not to replace the front fog light, I will instead route my intake for the K&N there after painting it orange to match the car

ehhehhehehhe, $10,000, Jokes....

Ok This is what I have so far

Bumper reinforcer $215.57

Bumper reinforcer support $49.19

Front Sub frame $1057.06

Headlight $300

Wing $190

RH quarter panel $1022.26

Splitter $400

Front left wheel refurb $100

Still need

Drivers side mirror

Not sure if the headligth price I got was for a 182, as I will need halogen.

Also how much do they charge to spray panels?

That's 3500 already. This is really going to hurt. I think it will all cost around 6000

Thought I'd post some good prices - after all the expensive items so far! :shock:

Clio RE8200033408 oil filter - $11.96

RE7700424098 air filter - $39.65

(+ GST I think?)

I'm happy with those prices; particularly after getting slugged $30+ for my old Peugeot 306 and Ford Mondeo V6 oil filters (up to ten years ago!!!)

• 2 weeks later...

n/s/f guard 179.68

n/s/f guard sup bkt 6.35

n/s headlamp 412.60

front bumper cover 407.49

n/s driving lamp 109.98

n/s lower bar vent 40.25

lower splash shield 75.87

n/s/f guard liner 96.61

n/s/f guard liner clips x10 37.40

grille 586.50

n/s front bar washer jet 23.65

n/s/f seat trim cover 309.84

n/s/f skirt exterior 211.92

n/s/f bar sup bkt 34.37

n/s headlamp panel 100.53

bonnet 373.37

n/s/f mag 329.07

radiator support panel 387.66

n/s/f shock absorber 128.67

stabiliser bar 166.31

stabiliser bar bush 20.04

stabiliser bar clip 17.01

bush a/r bar 22.06

clamp stab bar 10.65

lower suspension arm 187.12

steering rack 1303.48

o/s mirror cover 90.06

o/s mirror 278.58

o/s mirror glass 81.87

turret decal 241.61

turret decal 241.38

bonnet decal 248.18

bonnet decal 135.55

front bonnet sound pad clips 19.70

front bumper reinforcement 214.79

washer jet tubing 14.55

o/s/f skirt out brace 164.33

n/s fuse box cover lower 28.13

n/s fuse box cover upper 28.44

o/s/f seatbelt tongue 180.02

o/s/f seat belt pretensioner 255.74

o/s/f seat belt pretensioner loom 238.41

o/s/f seat belt armature 609.58

o/s/f seat cushion 1143.44

o/s/f scuffplate 329.50

n/s/f scuffplate 329.50

exaltos x4 378.00

These prices form renault lutwych rd

Does anyone have any of these parts from prev repairs or know anyone with any?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

GFK

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Fuel filter - $15 - refreshingly normal price..

Fuel Pump assembly new - $580 plus GST !

Fuel Pump assembly 2nd hand with 6mth warranty - $165 (BM Spares)

• 2 months later...

$5500.00 for a new gearbox housing. Last year i was driving down Wright st near Bio's house after a pretty nasty storm. I was behind a 4WD and he drove over a tree branch that was in the middle of the road. I couldnt avoid it and drove over it and sheared off part of the gearbox housing that houses the clutch cable.

$5500.00 for a new gearbox housing. Last year i was driving down Wright st near Bio's house after a pretty nasty storm. I was behind a 4WD and he drove over a tree branch that was in the middle of the road. I couldnt avoid it and drove over it and sheared off part of the gearbox housing that houses the clutch cable.

Ouch! :shock: Was that covered by insurance Reez?

I remember that storm, knocked a few trees down in my backyard. :(

Ouch! :shock: Was that covered by insurance Reez?

I remember that storm, knocked a few trees down in my backyard. :(

Do you remember when i came over and asked you about the black cable hanging low underneath the car and you tucked it under. I though it was electrical - it was actually the clutch cable. I asked REnault to take a look afew weeks later and they couldnt find anything for the next 3 services unitl my clutch cable broke last month. They've had the car for 6 weeks now waiting for the housing to come out of France. As a consolation insurance is covering it.

Do you remember when i came over and asked you about the black cable hanging low underneath the car and you tucked it under.

I though it was electrical - it was actually the clutch cable. I asked REnault to take a look afew weeks later and they couldnt find

anything for the next 3 services unitl my clutch cable broke last month. They've had the car for 6 weeks now waiting for the housing

to come out of France. As a consolation insurance is covering it.

Yeah, I remember, but that certainly wasn't the clutch cable mate. But it probably was knocked out

by running over the tree limb. It looked to me like it was the handbrake cable. The clutch cable

runs from the back of the firewall forward to the edge of the gearbox, a long way from that area of the car.

I'm suprised the car kept working all that time before the cable snapped. I suppose it snapped on a rainy

day in peak hour traffic... :(

• 4 months later...