Newbie in Adelaide.... waiting delivery

allars

Hi All

Just bought a RS 265 Cup with leather from Sydney and awaiting the delivery truck! Hopefully next week.

Have been lurking around for a while, but the time has come to buy! Cant wait for it to get here!

I've never had a Renault before, so am looking for tips from the Adelaide people re a good mechanic.

I used to have Alfa's (Alfa 75 and Alfa 33) and went to Adelaide European (they were in Gouger St, now at Windsor Gardens). Anyone go there? Where else should I look?

Cheers.

You've got two dealerships - Unley and Main North Renault - I've had experience with both and recommend MNR.

Congrats on the purchase!

Welcome. I hope that you enjoy your Renault experience.

As an option to the dealers, check out Manta Racing at Richmond. Steve Cramp is an ex-F2 driver and currently prepares a number of race cars. He has experience with RS Renaults. His work is top notch, although some think that his rates are a bit high.

Robert

Hi

Sorry, been a bit crazy and havent been able to reply. taking over a new business next week. Lots of fun.

It's lunar grey.

Drives amazingly. On my return from my 700km trip I came through the adel hills and it was so much fun. I smile every time I think of that trip, or just walk up to the car! I haven't felt like this in ages.

A drive day sounds cool. Being a newbie, where is/how do I find the social events section - sorry for the dumb question. I'll see if i can make it

Pics to follow, its a little dirty right now with the rain (daily driver)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I'm located up North East road, not far out of town.

Happened to drive home on Friday night, with a Clio182 with ozrs sticker on the back! Also, got some unwanted attention from the local constabulary.... he said he had a hard time keeping up.... couldn't prove anything... so all good!

Still no real good picks yet. Just loving the car. Also getting used to the quirks on the car..... Once i have a full list, i'll search the site for answers.

Will try and make the drive days, just trying to juggle family commitments as well......

Cheers Adrian

YES! that was you. And that was me with the fam.

Your car sounded fantastic.

The plod were on the weekend, when there was no traffic, except for the unmarked car.....

Ah - sorry to hear that.

Thanks for your appreciation - my Clio has a non-stock exhaust. :dance:

All it needs now is a clean.

You going to join us for a coffee and cruise on Sunday morning? Can say g'day in person.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=27495