Howdy

SuperNewbie

Hi All

Just bought a 2013 RS200 EDC Cup Trophy in LY

Sideways stepping from a modded VW MKV GTI

Looking forward to learning all about Renault. Im a former Nissan owner so the new engine bought me over to the RS division. Hoping to get some upgrades happening soon. Brakes need a bit of work

Cheers!

Depends on what you were comparing the brakes against

I had Slotted and Drilled rotors, Stainless Steel lines and EBC RedStuff pads on all four corners so it stopped on a dime. The RS has no bite in comparison.

Pics soon, i have to pick up the car this week

Having spent a day hammering a couple round a track even the instructors couldn't fault the brakes as everyone was complaining "but it doesn't have Brembos..." They never let us down, went soft/hard/faded/noisey!!!! What's the issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a lack of bite i suppose, needed to slam them on to get a reaction and even then the peddle had to go to the floor before i noticed the car starting to stop. Definitely not the sort of performance i was expecting as i hammered down the hill. In the GTI it feels like the rear of the car is going to come and smack you in the back of the head. The RS just dipped to the front and kept riding while i waited for something to happen.

Felt much more like Commodore brakes rather then GTI brakes. I should mention that mine is an ex Demo so theres every chance it has been flogged. But after only 2,000kms i would think they should have held up alright. Could also be the possibility that the pads weren't warm

I thought it odd as well as every review i read suggested the brakes as a strong point. Will keep you all updated

Yeah, I tried out the brakes on a new model and they are very very impressive. I've sampled some hot Golf R brakes before, more or less the same for me.

Just a lack of bite i suppose, needed to slam them on to get a reaction and even then the peddle had to go to the floor before i noticed the car starting to stop. Definitely not the sort of performance i was expecting as i hammered down the hill. In the GTI it feels like the rear of the car is going to come and smack you in the back of the head. The RS just dipped to the front and kept riding while i waited for something to happen.

Felt much more like Commodore brakes rather then GTI brakes. I should mention that mine is an ex Demo so theres every chance it has been flogged. But after only 2,000kms i would think they should have held up alright. Could also be the possibility that the pads weren't warm

I thought it odd as well as every review i read suggested the brakes as a strong point. Will keep you all updated

GTI and golf brakes in general have almost too much initial bite, you merely brush them to end up smacking your head into the steering wheel. Whether that's a good thing or not is a matter of personal preference. The Brembos in the 250/265 don't have the initial bite until warmed up properly when you're right up it, but in day to day commuting though they feel more "normal".

Welcome anyway, enjoy the car.

Picked this up today. Thing is crazy good fun. The exhaust pops have me grinning from ear to ear. Going to give it a bit more hell tomorrow and take some pics

This should be a fun journey...

Congrats on the new car SuperNewbie, hope you are enjoying it :D

Where are you located :?:

• 2 weeks later...
Picked this up today. Thing is crazy good fun. The exhaust pops have me grinning from ear to ear. Going to give it a bit more hell tomorrow and take some pics

This should be a fun journey...

Congrats on the new car SuperNewbie, hope you are enjoying it :D

Where are you located :?:

Hi

Located in Adelaide

All good so far