usernames/real names

Aloosh

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ummm lets see... CHRIS-172

well my name is chris and i have a clio sport 172 :oops::oops::oops:

in my defence i was carded by "brendans225" so i thought it was natural!

In highschool i got called condom after i stuck one in my mates sandwich filled with condensed milk... well i thought it was funny. my last name is also connolly so that could have sometyhing to do with it.

thankfully lost that one as it was hard to pick up the ladies when your mates would yell out to "condom"

Haha... For quite a while I had the nickname "Dildo".

The reason: My name is Ranil. During 1998, when the soccer world cup was on, Ronaldo was big, so people at school started calling me Ranildo. Which of course turned into Radildo and eventually just Dildo.

I didn't mind too much. Dildos go places. :mrgreen:

Pretty boring really.

Online Nick is dragyn. Fav animal since childhood are dragons (would almost go as far as to call them my totem). Nick is spelt with a "Y" as all the other combinations to spell dragon were taken already when I went to buy personalised plates. Also used to go by rendragon (renault+dragon), but I mostly use dragyn these days.

I don't get called it at all in real life, though people seem to get rather uncomfortable when I'm introduced as dragyn, especially if Griff does the intro :lol:

Real Life Nick is Manna (shortening of Amanda), but is only used by family and very close friends. I've NEVER been a Mandy and don't even recognise that someone is calling me if they use it! :shock:

When I signed up I to OZRS wanted my nick to be Brendan225 after my suicidal motorkhana hero... :) but he unfortunately had too eaten much canuba wax one wild weekend and now he just stays at home chanting "Umm Ummm Umm" over and over again..

OK.OK.. I'm a fan of the spanish soccer/football team Real Madrid hence the nick rmadrid.. not sure where the 182 comes from though :)

When I signed up I to OZRS wanted my nick to be Brendan225 after my suicidal motorkhana hero... :) but he unfortunately had too eaten much canuba wax one wild weekend and now he just stays at home chanting "Umm Ummm Umm" over and over again..

where did that come from :shock:

i think the "r" in your nic name means random! :lol:

"walkie86"

One of my best mates and I were OBSESSED with Commodores (sad I know) particularly VLs, from about year 8 to year 11 - I still have a box full of years of Street Commodores magazine (if anybody wants them!)

Anyway, my favourite car for a while was the first HSV VL Group A SS, or the "Walkinshaw" / "Walkie" for short... it was also around this time that I started joining up to internet related things (ie hotmail, forums etc) and it has kind of stuck...

The 86 is my year of birth (and coincidentally, the year of the Walkie's realise :wink: )

I don't particularly like it as it doesn't really relate to anything about me anymore, however I can be rest assured that it is always available on forums, so I keep it!

8)

rye172... pretty easy. the only 172 down this part of the world! nicknames i have? my surname is Pope so i normally get Popey though i have a friend who refers to me as "the Pontiff". as my name is Glenn, another mate calls me Glenn-N with emphasis on the spare N, as i have been known to make a point of telling people i have 2 Ns in my name when they are writing it down :oops:

Ok, slightly inspired to respond due to Walkie86's reply. Mainly due to the fact that he was born in '86, and I was just about finished with highschool in that year........... :lol::lol:

I have an even funnier story regarding the Walkinshaw Commys, but I'll keep that for another time.

Sadly, no real story behind "dboy".

Filled it in when joining a forum once, never really thinking it would stick......but it did.

It seems to be a name widely used on the net. (By ors)

I think I used it first when entering a player name while playing "California Games" on some computer game I can't remember the name of. Nintendo maybe.

I think it was inspired by my late grandfather who often called me "Davey-Boy" when I was a young tacker. (Dave [David] being my name and all.....)

Sadly, the word has other meanings (dboy) which I would dissasociate myself with if I had the chance again.......but hey.........I'm stuck with it...

Most people just call me Dave, which is why I often sign my name at the end of my posts :P

Cheers - Dave. :)

mines is short and simple... Mr Z32 as i used to have a Nissan Z32 300zx twin turbo... 400rwhp loved it... loan through my parents at the time(interest free) but they didnt like my girlfriend so they sold the car (dont get on with them too well anymore... lost 10g on actual car plus another 8 spent on mods and they didnt give me a dime of the money because they are pricks).

Long story short, miss the car greatly, kept the girl, got a clio... so all is ok.

Oh and i didnt thing the name would be used on this site, so was first choice

Any guesses? :)

Just don't ever call me Debbie, it will end in pain.

The reason for not using my usual online nick is pretty simple. Back in the days of the Yahoo email group I was known as Deb because that is where the email came "from". I stuck with it here to avoid confusion.

I guess this is a question for the admins but is it possible for someone to change their OZRS nick and keep the post count and more importantly, the posts that they had submitted, intact and linked to the new nickname?

And no, in case you're wondering,.. I don't want to change my nick to Brendan182... that would make me a hoon :) instead of the elegant silver fox that I am..

hhlau2 = username given by my uni. short for my full name H.Heng Lau

well, used it since then

Friends back in high school day used to call me Mark and my surname is Lau.

Well, Mark Lau in cantonese means (monkey) :roll:

Friends back in high school day used to call me Mark and my surname is Lau.

Well, Mark Lau in cantonese means (monkey) :roll:

hahaha, thats funny mark lau :lol:

And no, in case you're wondering,.. I don't want to change my nick to Brendan182... that would make me a hoon instead of the elegant silver fox that I am..

i am not a hoon :P .............i'm a very slow one if i am :(

dannos - my name is danielle/danni. one day in high school a group of us decided to would be "cool" to greekify our names. everyone had an "os" added to the end of thier names = johnnos, dannos, stephanos, julieos, elizabethos etc. somehow it stuck.

for the record no im not greek - but if anyone can make those dolmades let me know :)

somehow this topic reminded me of a vaguely amusing , bizarre story from work... we all have a login to the system made up of the first three letters of surname and then first two of first name eg john smith would be smijo and mark jones would be jonma etc. these logins are used so frequently that some ppl use them as nicks. Anyway this process is handled automatically when a new account is created and recently there was a new lady who started called kylie fuchs, the admins changed her login after a couple of days and several complaints, but we still call her f_cky when she's not there.

somehow this topic reminded me of a vaguely amusing , bizarre story from work... we all have a login to the system made up of the first three letters of surname and then first two of first name eg john smith would be smijo and mark jones would be jonma etc. these logins are used so frequently that some ppl use them as nicks. Anyway this process is handled automatically when a new account is created and recently there was a new lady who started called kylie fuchs, the admins changed her login after a couple of days and several complaints, but we still call her f_cky when she's not there.

That is just gold. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Back in the days of the Yahoo email group I was known as Deb because that is where the email came "from". I stuck with it here to avoid confusion.

Ayup. That's why I'm Dave@, because years ago on another list and in another job I had no control, so the full email was sent as the "from" rather than a short name. To distinguish me from the other Dave's on that list I got called Dave@, then later just Dave@. It's easier to just have the one, though for a few other forums I use "Random Data".

Oh, and our (shortlived?) member Al Ernat should be fairly obvious for anyone with a background in RC cars.

I found this old thread and thought I'd resurrect it due to lots of new people joining...

ITHELVING: Inspired by a book I really like - We, The Living.

Thanks for the resurrection. A damn fine thread, this one.

Not sure about chamging nicks and keeping post counts. Maybe try asking in the feedback section???

Birth name is James

Got shortened to Jim or extended to Jimmy at school

JJ also came into the equation, as has Jbo.

However Jimmy James comes from a beastie boys song of the same name.

It was coined by my friend The Bear at a 70's blaxploitation party I hosted for 120 people

I was dressed in a mint green safari suit, megacollar baby blue polyester shirt, brown superwide tide, blue leather slip on loafers, and a beige 3/4 length vinyl leather look jacket with a faux brown fox fur collar. I also had a blue felt wide brimmed hat on and walked with a cane.

Bear said I looked so pimp I needed a pimp name...Jimmy James seemed appropriate and I liked it.

JJ !

Ex GF's sister started calling me Rupie (Short for Rupert) ... then at my 21st she bought me the numberplate (along with another bloke who I am still mates with - was even best man at his wedding so I cant offend him and get rid of it totally). Now I'm Rup11e for everything ... even the waiters at work call me Rup11e!

I'm getting rid of the plate though - going to put it on me mum's echo

:x

Don't do it!

If i end up with a promotional car with graphics on it ... the Rup11e plate will no longer be suitable. It will get DD plates!

:x

Don't do it!

If i end up with a promotional car with graphics on it ... the Rup11e plate will no longer be suitable. It will get DD plates!

The things some people do for Double D's...

:wink:

• 1 month later...

Well I may as well explain mine (2months later!!) Name is Andrea (MALE name - italian, and yes it has caused lots of confusion). Been called dre since I started dj-ing in high school (no not my choice but didn't complain either) and the name stuck even to this day. The 81 at the end is obviously year of birth. I had problems signing up here as just dre but if my user name can be changed to this and the posts kept that'd be sweet :D

• 5 years later...

Hi guys,

Anonymity on the internet seems to be out of favour. A few other forums I frequent now have place in the user profile for real names in the profile when posting. Even XBox and PS4 profiles now have real name listings. Since this is a private and social forum is this perhaps something we could add?

It would make pizza night so much less awkward too. :D

Buddy shall still be known as God however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quite a few of us have it in our signature. Means people can choose what they want to display.

I think there has already been a thread like this, but anyways, 'Dish' is short for Dishan.

In a tangent to this, I would like to provide an amnesty to whoever has a username directly relating to their car without any other form of personal differentiation added.

There are a number of generic looking usernames already registered that can be confusing in searches etc. Just a brief look at the members list shows names such as:

Clio AGP

Clio Trophy

Megane RS250Cup

R26

R27

R26R

plus a whole swag of "RS***" usernames that pertain to models without any embellishments being used.

Please email me if you wish to change your username, or otherwise I will start going through the list and adding a name based on part of your registered email address.

Hi guys,

Anonymity on the internet seems to be out of favour. A few other forums I frequent now have place in the user profile for real names in the profile when posting. Even XBox and PS4 profiles now have real name listings. Since this is a private and social forum is this perhaps something we could add?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That'd ruin the whole French Masonic thing going on here, codenames, hidden member rides threads, secret waves and head light flashing, random disappearing thread posts (aka big brother) the list goes on..... etc.

Its nice that some people (like me) are comfortable sharing their name, but its nice it is my choice, who knows maybe all the V8 bogans are watching creating a list of all French Car owners and will hunt us down in the future and enslave us as cheap labour to keep the Holden and Ford factories running. :idea:

It should be obvious why I'm Ace, I have a tattoo to prove it, besides it helps me remember my nickname. Came about something along the lines of having an Ace up your sleeve, being a bit of a card shark in my teens and being drunk at the time.

I don't really care whether my name is shared either way, but I think this is a little bit ridiculous.

Especially that you've decided you'll go through and change peoples names based on their email address, Dish.

It's the internet, it's everyone's OWN choice how much information they share.

What's next?

Name tags at pizza nights/drives?

If it's not broken, don't fix it.

My name is Sander and dutchie is what I am. I got nothing to hide and don't fear anybody so everybody can know my name :rofl:

If somebody would have the plans to steal my car I will be there and again,NO fear when it comes to that moment :rofl: It's my car :wink:

Not sure if I'm happy about people's usernames being altered without their agreement, and I don't generally get too confused amongst the regular, active posters.

I'm Barry, but the main reason I remember that is my email address :wink:

I've been "bozz" to everyone outside of work for over 31 years so that's just it.

"Barry the borrie. bozz for short". True year 8 logic, and it stuck!

Oh yeah, also not sure I support arbitrary name changes, but I hope those in doubt will take the opportunity to get in touch with you and clarify their situation.

Why is it that the only people up in arms about generic sounding usernames being changed are those who aren't going to be affected? :?

Is it really that difficult to come up with a unique username that isn't solely based on the car one owns? (which hundreds of others in a similar position managed to create unique variations of)

My usual forum username is Homer72. Comes from surname Holmes and I share similiarities with the onscreen legend of the same name ( lack of shade uptop, love my drink, job entails pressing buttons & pulling levers ) then year of birth.

MM-RS250 came about as if it wasn't for Michelle's good taste I wouldn't be lucky to be a member of this wonderful forum and get to experience the awesome RS driving experience cause SHMBO had the final say on vehicle choice.

And for those who don't know me, I be called Mark. So Michelle & Mark's RS250 was born :hyper:

Well the merging of this thread overnight made for more reading than anticipated.

R182 - the 'R' was actually for my name 'Robert'. When I joined up I'd only really intended to read and thus I didn't put much thought into it. Now I've been exiled to the generic bunch ... I'd better think of an alternative.

I'm the biggest offender here - ClioF1.

I created the username because I liked my new car at the time (RS Clio 182 Cup F1 Team) and loved F1 too, but then Renault went and released a bunch of limited edition cars here all with F1 in the title.