usernames/real names

Aloosh

Ever wondered what someone's nickname means? Here's your chance to find out, by sharing your nickname and its meaning here:

I'll get the ball rolling, my real name is Ali and Aloosh is my baby name, that i've been known as since time immemorial...

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dish = short for Dishan, my first name.

Everyone calls me that, parents too, even my grandparents did (when they were around :( )

Teki because when my best mate started at my school in year 10, he didn't know how to pronounce my surname (Teixeira). It is now stuck - everyone calls me that, even the chicks.

04 was the year we (friends) all graduated High School :)

As you can see to the left.. D82 is my plate, Basically its a personalised Plate, started off at DM0082 then NDM82M. (I was born in 82 - yes even with my hairline I still pay top coin for insurance) but without a surname initial for personal reasons I'd rather not put in writing (but it makes it worth the $$)

I also wanted a numberplate that wasn't mainstream, as its the one mod you can do to your car that nobody can copy (unless they are then going out, stealing petrol and robbing banks).

storms of fate is the title of a book, it's in the battle tech series. So basically i could have picked roar of honour, dying times, lost destiny etc etc.... but since every forum has been registed as this one... meh. Love the games, got all of them since mech 2. don't have all of the books though, that'd be a massive collection!

None of my school teacher s could pronounce my surname properly - Moosey (or indeed just plain Moose or the more exotic Moose Man) is a twist on the most common mispronunciation.

Surname is Wallis.

My brothers nik name was Woll, short for wallis.

as the baby brother i was baby Woll. then over the years it evolved through, Baby Woll, B Woll, B W, B Dubz. and now takes on some extreams as B Donkeyspew. B doubleque. B chunks

but its still B Dubz

As you can see for a writer I am very unimaginative, but the jeffster can also be the Jeffy my other favorite nick was Vast Polyp, but I have grown out of that one, it's a real LA state of mind.

"the jeffy must do his chores now" says the Jeffster.

Surname is Wallis.

as the baby brother i was baby Woll. then over the years it evolved through, Baby Woll, B Woll, B W, B Dubz. and now takes on some extreams as B Donkeyspew. B doubleque. B chunks

but its still B Dubz

And that explains Mr. Wallis choice of Rex Hunt :rofl:

I think most people know why my nik is Biologist,

bit of a no brainer really.

Some of my other nicknames from my days in

the Australian Army are less flattering and not really

worth repeating :D

cheers,

My names Daniel, so my name here is Daniel...theres alot of thought, time and effort gone into the thinking of my nick name. I have got so many nicknames.

Danus, *nus, Spanner, Span, elczech, czech, beetles, oasis. The list could go on.

Teki because when my best mate started at my school in year 10, he didn't know how to pronounce my surname (Teixeira). It is now stuck - everyone calls me that, even the chicks.

You must be Portuguese! My parents are aswell... If you are a Porto supporter we can no longer chat! :wink:

Portal = My DJ alias. I'm no superstar DJ, but I do play at some cool parties in Melbourne, its more of a hobby.

You must be Portuguese! My parents are aswell... If you are a Porto supporter we can no longer chat! :wink:

Portal = My DJ alias. I'm no superstar DJ, but I do play at some cool parties in Melbourne, its more of a hobby.

what type of music you play?

Surname is Wallis.

but its still B Dubz

well rex hunt came about with the pulsar. WRX's are one of the main rivals of the GTiR, hence, WRX hunting

Surname is Wallis.

but its still B Dubz

well rex hunt came about with the pulsar. WRX's are one of the main rivals of the GTiR, hence, WRX hunting

so you are not responsible for the horrible Fish & Chips at the GP? And for a second I thought you were a fisherman... :D

Yes to being Portuguese (Well, Madeiran I guess...). I guess I go for Benfica, but I don't really follow it with a passion. Have a greater love for cars....

Portalguese!

Yes to being Portuguese (Well, Madeiran I guess...). I guess I go for Benfica, but I don't really follow it with a passion. Have a greater love for cars....

haha teki, i just remembered that i once worked with a girl who won a "miss madeira" award or something...

haha teki, i just remembered that i once worked with a girl who won a "miss madeira" award or something...

Hahaha - I'd probably know her, or of her. Wogs... (Mind you - I don't look it... i think)

Well I don't really have any cool stories for my nickname. Silver Bullet cause my 172 is silver and goes like a...... you get the jist.

Real name is Fred. Yes, believe it or not. The number of times I have introduced myself, or been introduced to people and they have either laughed, or asked if I was serious, and then asked what my real name is has gotten to be beyond a joke!!

I think Fred is a fantastic name. Pretty rare these days! I'm the 5th generation Fred in my family, which is why my number plates are FB-005. My dad's are FB-004. (it was my idea though damn it!)

The end!

Well I don't really have any cool stories for my nickname. Silver Bullet cause my 172 is silver and goes like a...... you get the jist.

Real name is Fred. Yes, believe it or not. The number of times I have introduced myself, or been introduced to people and they have either laughed, or asked if I was serious, and then asked what my real name is has gotten to be beyond a joke!!

I think Fred is a fantastic name. Pretty rare these days! I'm the 5th generation Fred in my family, which is why my number plates are FB-005. My dad's are FB-004. (it was my idea though damn it!)

The end!

my pop's name is john smith... so every time he uses his credit card it looks like fraud!

Mine came from a very scary (at the time) incounter with a 1988 automatic camry wagon which I was driving which was owned by my best friend. It was new years of 2001/2002. I was the DD for the night. Not really sure why I was to this day, but I was driving from Carindale in Brisbane to Cleveland with all my drunk mates in the back, including the owner of the car and I was waiting for right turn arrow onto Old Cleveland Road. The light went green everyone shouted "go!" which I replyed with full throttle. Yes in a auto old camry the response is a lot of noise and not much else. Anyway I note the heavy understeer I'm encountering and you guessed it, with only a few months of driving under my belt, I lift off the throttle completely. The car oversteers over three lanes with absolutely no opposite lock from me. I can't believe to this day that the car didn't turn around as it was well towards 35 deg of drift. Thank god we were the only car in all three lanes. At the time I had no idea what lift-off oversteer was and did it all from a lack of understanding. I was an idiot and I'm certainly not proud of it. :oops: I'm thankful nothing happened and to this day slap myself in the face over the whole incident. The nik is just a reminder.

My last name is Tobin, a very late night working on a Uni assignment I miss-spelt my last name on the cover sheet... Jonathan Toin. I went to get it bound at the student centre where the staff member said "You can't hand this in... its someone elses work, you stole it from Mr Toin". Ahh well, I was since known as Toiny, Joined the Student Rep Council and started Toiny Tuesdays where we all got bahschnooked at the bar!

ahhh uni days... the memories!

My last name is Tobin, a very late night working on a Uni assignment

I miss-spelt my last name on the cover sheet... Jonathan Toin. ahhh uni days... the memories!

Reminds me of a chemistry lab report I handed in, in first year Uni.

I have shocking handwriting and the marker thought

my first name was Roo instead of Rod... :roll:

My last name is Tobin, a very late night working on a Uni assignment

I miss-spelt my last name on the cover sheet... Jonathan Toin. ahhh uni days... the memories!

Reminds me of a chemistry lab report I handed in, in first year Uni.

I have shocking handwriting and the marker thought

my first name was Roo instead of Rod... :roll:

Roo's an awesome name! Very Aussie, although you might get sued from triple M or something.

Roo's an awesome name! Very Aussie, although you might get sued from triple M or something.

It never stuck anyway. I went back to uni at 22 so most of the 18 year olds were not that keen

to nick name me,

Deb is short for Deborah (no supprises there).

At work I get Leaf (my surname is Leaf-Milham). In high school I got

Dallas as I hate being called Debbie. I'm sure you can make the connection.

Leaf! thats a cool nick,

I reckon more people understand the Dallas and Debbie connection than have ever seen the flick,

its become a cultural reference.

No refs to instant mash eh? :mrgreen:

cheers,

Bluestreak..

Blue <- Since my car is Arctic Blue..

Streak <- something to do with speed and fast not a streaker :shock:

Even though I drive at the speed limit.. I like a speedy name!! :P

Santosh

Wow how unimaginative am I …. Dom …. Short for Dominic (Not spelt Dominique …. That’s the feminine) and from Mauritius (French speaking Country for those who don’t know).

I have been called all sorts …. Con Dom …ha ha! …. Papa Dom ….. I like my Indian food ….. Big Dom … cause I am not a little guy....

Nothing exciting sorry …..

Well, mine is pretty exciting too... The_RealScott because it's true. I'm the real one. Nah, I cant remember where it came from, but that's what I'm called around the net and have been for a long time now! Otherwise, I'm usually called just Scott or the usuall variations of it.

That reminds me back in highschool, we all had to hand in a big english assignment with poems and lyrical writing along with short stories etc, well a few days before it was due, the teacher brought in a copy of an ex students from a few years ago, well one of the dead beat kids took the copy off her desk after class. The hand in date finally came along and everyone had prepared beautiful arrays of fine work, the dead beat kid however brought his work in which he had stolen from the teacher and was so stupid that all he did was put a single line

_________ through the other students name and written his name underneath. :shock:

what type of music you play?

Lots of stuff really, depends on the party. Big fan of Depeche Mode, other 80's groups, I play Electro (NOT ELECTRO HOUSE) chicago house, love old hip hop, synth pop etc etc.

Well my nick is self explanatory…..

Being an import (via plane), I’ve been christened by my oz mates at Tafe, and named me Joey as they had difficulty pronouncing my name…… The reason why they named me Joey is because of the animal “joeyâ€. Yes the one that hops around all over Australia.

Being a beach bum and a regular to go on road trips to explore and appreciate the sun, surf, sea and sand, the nickname “joey†came about. Apparently the animal joey and myself are alike.

• 1 year later...

I found this old thread and thought I'd resurrect it due to lots of new people joining...

ITHELVING: Inspired by a book I really like - We, The Living.

ummm lets see... CHRIS-172

well my name is chris and i have a clio sport 172 :oops::oops::oops:

in my defence i was carded by "brendans225" so i thought it was natural!

In highschool i got called condom after i stuck one in my mates sandwich filled with condensed milk... well i thought it was funny. my last name is also connolly so that could have sometyhing to do with it.

thankfully lost that one as it was hard to pick up the ladies when your mates would yell out to "condom"

now just the occaisional billy and ING reference, who incidently sponsor RENAULT in the F1 so theres a full circle!

now just the occaisional billy and ING reference, who incidently sponsor RENAULT in the F1 so theres a full circle!

ING eh, the taxonomy nerd in me knows ING as the Index Nominum Genericorum

If your curious its here http://ravenel.si.edu/botany/ing/INDEX.HTM :mrgreen:

:news: