Newbie looking at RS 265 RB8

SimMelb

From Melbourne also, took the heap just over 12 months ago. Best decision I have ever made. Just can't believe I looked at anything else (not that I ever 'seriously' did). It truly feels like a supercar with all the looks - especially the little kids that stop and point to their parents.

The community of OzRS has been great too. Everyone's nice and welcoming - actually a great positive of getting an RS.

I've been quite keen on doing a Miltech since I heard a 250 with the upgrade. It sounds perfect. I've been considering a centre/rear silencer removal - but really I think it's a stop-gap. The only problem is the cost? - What have you been quoted?

Hi Dedbny,

I can guarantee you will not be dissapointed if you get the RB8. I have had mine since the begining of December 2013 and love it. I have absolutely no regrets other than the fuel bill is getting up there as I just want to drive it more and more.

Previous performance car for me was an XR6 Turbo Falcon which was a lot of fun but does not give the same satisfaction as my Redbull.

As they say in the Nike add "Just Do It"

Regards

Greg

harbo, They were willing to negotiate that into the change over price. which to me means that there's a lot of slack in the price. I need a good negotiator to do my bidding so I don't get too emotional about it when I get to the actual buy stage.

Hi Guys, Thanks for he replies.

This forum sounds as good as the OzAudi site. Well I have already test driven the Clio RS first and then the Megane Trophe +. The Megane definitely is closer to what I have at the moment. Really liking the Megane, especially the RB8 still looking at a test drive of the Ford Focus ST and Fiesta St(no demos to drive anywhere). Toyota 86. I like the idea of the RB8 as there won't be too many of them on the roads. I've only ever seen 1. Have you guys ever done a spot the golf gti game when your gone driving.Do it one day. It's like every 10 mins there's one or a standard golf.

Ok. 1. Does anyone have the racing recaro seats rather than the electric ones and how do they feel on day to day driving and long drives. Not that it's a really worry for me. Usually my drives are between 30min to 1hr.

2. Sounds like everyone isn't have major issues with the car, but I have gone through ,most of the posts and there are some issues that are posted. I thinks they are build quality issues. Does the Renault have these quality issues. I've never owned a. French make. Only saying that my work colleagues wife has a 3year old pug 308 and the passenger door fell off in his hand one day when he was getting the kids out.

3.At the moment there are at least 3 demo RB8. 0ne just registered for demo and one brand new one. The latter with a Miltek upgrade sounds great if I can get the right price. Oh I've heard the exhaust upgrade on a car that just had one installed. Incredible. It's a beast.

Our Trophee has the racing Recaro's. We have driven up to Parkes (7hrs) a couple of times with no problems at all. My only soreness came from a spirited drive down the GOR once but that was due to them holding so well and me being match unfit.

And get used to your drives lasting longer then an hour.. haha

Recaros are good to sit in. Even most of my passengers love them. Except the getting in and out part.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I was really perplexed about how to get in and out of the passenger seat (I had the Megane for about a year before anyone else drove it)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ppls,

Been doing Alot of test drives and looking. Just as of this week pushing dealers for some change over numbers, I think the rb8 would be a good choice for me. So with a bit of luck of I can get the numbers and maybe the spec I want I may have a new car. Watch this space. I think there is only about 4 in vic. 2 new 2 demo with very low km.

Oh at the start of the week I thought about theOpel Astra OPC. Now that looked ok till I found out Opel went crash and are no longer in Aus after only 12mts. Read the same for renault twice I believe. As recently as 2009-2010. Sounds like renault at the moment are doing well. The new Clio will help.

RS cars are tough, built for enthusiastic use and lap this up. A MB A250 will have fewer issues with minor trim and panel blemishes if that's your thing, but....

Mate you could go and lay down a couple hundred thou big 1's on a new car and probably still find a couple of niggly little issues. Every car and every brand has them. For the money I believe nothing comes close to the driving experience the RS will reward you with. Ask anyone here. Plus the OZRS comraderie comes free and it's priceless alone... And with Australia being their 2nd largest market I don't think they will be pulling out anytime soon. Add the fact your looking at 1 of the easily most recognised brands in the world. Redbull. That colour is the bomb.

(P.S. I have no links with RenaultSport Australia or Redbull energy drinks) hahaha

Just a very happy customer.

Hi ppls,

Been doing Alot of test drives and looking. Just as of this week pushing dealers for some change over numbers, I think the rb8 would be a good choice for me. So with a bit of luck of I can get the numbers and maybe the spec I want I may have a new car. Watch this space. I think there is only about 4 in vic. 2 new 2 demo with very low km.

One thing I did pick up on one of the new ones was some poor build quality. One of the things that I'm a stickler for. Build quality. Ie shut line of rear right hand side hatch fascia wasn't flush in line with the rear roof. Noticeably put of line. Dealer reckons they will fix that. And also that numbered door sill just combing off. Not glued on very well. So I won't be wanting that one.

Oh at the start of the week I thought about theOpel Astra OPC. Now that looked ok till I found out Opel went crash and are no longer in Aus after only 12mts. Read the same for renault twice I believe. As recently as 2009-2010. Sounds like renault at the moment are doing well. The new Clio will help.

I don't think we have seen you yet.