RTA Speed Camera Ad on front page

trixie

Glad it's gone now lol

Just in case you guys weren't aware, they've had a govt department reshuffle, and the old road & traffic authority has been completely dismantled. There is no department looking after roads or traffic in NSW anymore.

There is a New RTA though.

it's actually called the Revenue & Taxation Authority. And they're putting up more speed cameras everywhere. The latest is on Mt Ousley Rd - average speed cameras.

All this from a premier who promised not to as an election commitment.

Lying C*nts.

Glad it's gone now lol

Just in case you guys weren't aware, they've had a govt department reshuffle, and the old road & traffic authority has been completely dismantled. There is no department looking after roads or traffic in NSW anymore.

There is a New RTA though.

it's actually called the Revenue & Taxation Authority. And they're putting up more speed cameras everywhere. The latest is on Mt Ousley Rd - average speed cameras.

All this from a premier who promised not to as an election commitment.

Lying C*nts.

Not playing devils advocate here but they have removed more than they installed. I thought the promise was to remove the ones not proven to aid in bringing the road toll down.

Yep and they have this new tv add that shows, the wife that lost a husband the paramedic that tried the cornor that did I have no clue what and ln the end Speed Camera that prevented it all. Its not a bad concept but its the one with the Mobile Speed Camera that puts me off.

Seems they are creating some kind if brainwashing approach to Mobile Speed Cameras.

Their "See the speed camera slow down job done" is acceptable but I just hate the mobile speed camera approach.

It's just the beginning I do think they will slowly get rid of the Speed Camera signs in a not too distance future.

m0nty

There are much more Red light cameras I can name you at least 10 new ones.

Haha they'll probably do what they did in QLD. Say that they don't have to put any speed camera signs out but "we'll put a list of where they are on our website."

And by tell you the location, they'll let you know that there's one on the "Bruce Highway." Between Cairns and Brisbane.. Somewhere...

Just logged on and discovered that speed cameras save lives.

Does the RTA (now RMS) sponser the site?

Front page is google ad. It's not hard to block ads I just need the url that the ad points to.

I've refreshed a few times and found the ad and have blocked it (the url was http://www.saferroadsnsw.com.au)

LOL nice one Brendan :D

m0nty

There are much more Red light cameras I can name you at least 10 new ones.

I've lost two friends on bikes due to drivers running red lights. I wouldn't have an issue with red light cameras at most intersections.

I agree with the red light cameras it's the speeding function that is a little edgy for me. There are situations we do need to accelerate instead of braking, I have been rear ended because of a red light camera, I decided to stop but the guy behind me had other ideas. At least a 5k levy marked on the speed camera signs would be a fair judgement.

But the mobile speed cameras is what really buggers me, but as long as they are well marked they serve their purpose, if no it's just really revenue raising.

PS: Sorry to hear about the loss of your mates, Nat lost his mate this weekend too unfortunately after the Dyno on a bike :(