My new RS265 in Christchurch

MEGANEKI

Hi all,After lots of thought I have upgraded my RS225 ,to a new RS265, black with red pack (Canterbury colours)

Options, front sensors

key less entry

satnav

I was looking at the Redbull series ,but the extra price was hard to get get passed the wife,

Must say the Earth Quake damaged roads here in Christchurch are not very easy, but loving the car,

First new car in 45yrs of driving.

Hi all,After lots of thought I have upgraded my RS225 ,to a new RS265, black with red pack (Canterbury colours)

Options, front sensors

key less entry

satnav

I was looking at the Redbull series ,but the extra price was hard to get get passed the wife,

Must say the Earth Quake damaged roads here in Christchurch are not very easy, but loving the car,

First new car in 45yrs of driving.

Well done, great car!

Think I spotted your trade on Trademe.

Hi ,Apex yes Miles did say it was the best RS225 they driven , proberly to do with the Superchip remap ?I thought it was a 2007 but they have it as 2008 ?

It was actually a late 2005 early 2006 at the newest being a pre/facelift, my guess is that it was registered late in the game, possibly an ex Australian car as the distributor at the time used to bottom feed of Australia's unsold stock.

Good to see you in the 265, they look awesome in that colour combo, bit be sure to get in touch if I do a South Island road trip!

Welcome to the RS265 Club. Did you specifically order one with those options or did they happen to have a car in stock with them fitted?

I was just lucky,they had it in stock in Auckland and only 2 weeks to deliver, looks like fine weather this weekend may do a quick trip through to Arthurs Pass and back !

Awesome. Very jealous!

Please take some photo's!

I was just lucky,they had it in stock in Auckland and only 2 weeks to deliver, looks like fine weather this weekend may do a quick trip through to Arthurs Pass and back !

So it was the spec you wanted then? Nice.

As Apex says. Pics would be cool.

A nice drive/ride and usually not to much traffic ,the odd campervan , only problem at the moment as couple weeks ago they had snow to the height of the fences their and loose gravel is still on some corners which can make things interesting .

It's about time we had some NZ members featured in our calendar :wink:

I'll be putting together the details for that project shortly... would love to pop one of those pics in it.

Congrats on the purchase :D

Nice pic! I took about 100 or so on my first weekend but need to find time to go through them before posting the best ones to flickr

Avis rent GT86's out, you could hire one of those, or just rent a Corolla like Clarkson did when he was here the other month, as he said, nothing is as fast as a rental car!

Happy to offer up some hot laps of our local roads... Targa may well be heading to the South Island next year too so look forward to that.

Avis rent GT86's out, you could hire one of those, or just rent a Corolla like Clarkson did when he was here the other month, as he said, nothing is as fast as a rental car!
... with what I presume was a professional rally driver at the wheel...

re top gear, I didn't think it was a rental car ,you would have to think Toyota had something to do with suppling the cars as they are a major backer with team NZ america's cup and the rental company are not talking about the filming ?

What struck me about the insert was that it wasn't a Team NZ boat that was featured.

Oh and that while it has been going downhill for some time Topgear really is plumbing the depths now.