Goodbye Gordini hello Megane RS 265 CUP

crownleyian

Hi,

Not quite a new member but...

As some of you know that I owned a Clio RS 200 Gordini, but have been pulsating for a Megane RS 265 for a while now.

So after contemplating and long negotiations it has now happened and there is now a Black Megane RS265 CUP with Leather in my garage. :headbang:

The car was purchased at Sydney City Renault and I must say they treated me with class. Robert knew what my Gordini meant to me and knew it wouldn't go easily. After negotiating for a entire afternoon we reached an agreement.

Initially I dealt with Robert as promised after his hard work on last years negotiations failed (I couldn't let Gordini go). Robert promised he would look after me if I ever changed my mind and I if I would ever get into an RS265 and he did.

If the Sydney City guys see this to Robert, Ben, Paul and Elizabeth thank you so much, first class treatment.

About the Megane RS 265 what can I say still early days only 78km's, plus the double demerits have grounded me for now. But so far and from what I realized on the test drive it's just an amazing car.

Going to get some Opti Coat Paint Protection with Frank from Bright Shine Mobile for the start of next month and also contemplating some stone-chip protection for the front.

I will miss the Clio but just looking at the Black Demon in my Garage makes me giggle like an idiot. :sicko:

IMG_0452_zps19dd6664.jpg

IMG_0454_zpsb2af2fc5.jpg

IMG_0453_zps5ad5c504.jpg

Take Care and see you guys soon.

going to the dark side nelson?

nice car though, you'll have to get used to people not waving to u now :)

Nice one Nelson - perhaps if you put a couple of white stripes along the bonnet and roof of the car you might feel a little more comfortable??!! Awesome looking car and welcome to the Megane club!

Paul

Good luck with the newbie Nelson.

I join you in your sadness for the Clio but hanging on to mine for some time yet. lolll

Thanks Guys.

I will post my unskilled impressions soon lol. So far what I can say is, even thou the suspension setup is the same as the Clio. It does feel much better on Sydney roads than the Clio.

Clio will be missed especially when I hit my local roundabouts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Nice looking car, well done.

290kph speedometer, first time I have noticed that on the 265, may as well have a gauge that reads 9,000rpm too!

I will post my unskilled impressions soon lol. So far what I can say is, even thou the suspension setup is the same as the Clio. It does feel much better on Sydney roads than the Clio.

Clio will be missed especially when I hit my local roundabouts.

Congrats. I had an Alfa 147GTA when I lived in Sydney and the ride, on what passes for a road in Sydney, was intolerable. I'm sure that the Megane will be a little more relaxed than the Clio. The Megane is very adept at roundabouts but you'll probably find that you need to be a bit more aggressive with it. It won't change direction quite as crisply as the Clio did.

Very nice! Good combo black with leather, same as me. Prick to keep clean but boy do they look pretty when all shined up.

Agree...the "all black look" looks great...but my last car finished me with black forever. I just don't have the time.

So I went for my first drive today up to Richmond and back home, just a little slow cruise with a few hard accelerations.

So in one certain area I hit the Sport button and went a little harder.

I almost jumped off my seat with the loud pop/bang from the exhaust. In one certain moment it just popped a bang like a rally car. Yes I almost blew in my pans lol.

Ohhhh my... I can't imagine what is to come from that engine and exhaust when it loosens up a little more.

Yes it keeps getting better! After my first track day the exhaust started making more cracks and pops. Just had centre resonater chopped today and it is cracking like mad. Well worth doing!

Oh and you should just hit that sport button every time you start the car

Hey Nelson if you don't mind a bit of JDM company (mostly supras) should come join myself, gwal and whitbomb do a Wisemens run.. I'll even detail your car if you like haha

Congrats on the beast, didn't quite catch ya around Centennial ave today. Shoulda gave that horn a go - instantly recognisable anywhere

Diggin the avatar too