New member, Melb RS265 Cup

twosixfive

Hi all. Just laid down a deposit on my first car from Renault/RenaultSport, a Grey 265 Cup. It's a demo with 4.5k on it for a tad over $39k. Got a good trade on my XR5 as well, saves me doing the CarSales thing. Slightly apprehensive, but can't wait! With luck I'll have it end of week otherwise early next. I will miss the 2.5 5-pot and low down urge but relish in the rev happy 2.0 and razor sharp handling (thinking a trip to the Dandenongs might be in order...). It certainly makes the XR5 feel a bit wallowy.

Last few cars:

07 XR5 turbo 3.5 years

00 Alfa 165 (ugh) 6 months

03 Forester XT 3 years (new)

Apart from the Alfa I've had a good run. Ok the bearings died in the XR5, luckily under warranty! Here's to a trouble free and enjoyable few years in the RS265 :) (Please tell me it's going to be trouble free... :roll: )

Yes I was pretty happy with the guys at Glen Waverly. I resisted the 'paint and interior protection' pack at $2k + but put down for the tint tentatively (i.e. I have the option to cancel), but then I thought, aren't the windows tinted already? So now I'm a tad confused, why would they offer tint on top of factory tint? At $695 I might add. Might have to call in the morning.. :?:

Welcome mate!

I actually had a 2009 LV XR5 Focus prior to the megane so i know EXACTLY where you're coming from :wink: you werent on the xr5turbs forum prior where you?

Regarding tint, most cars come with a 'factory' tint (someone correct me if im wrong) thats usually very, very slight.. For a proper tint job you gotta pay for it.. I got tint with mine thrown into the sale price and pretty happy with it..

And the paint protection can be done urself, I just did my car in nanolex and it came up great.. happy to offer advice if you need

(Please tell me it's going to be trouble free... :roll: )

You owned an Alfa.. No matter how bad an RS is, itll still be a walk in the park compared to that :lol:

Yes.. it was a 1 owner, full history, blah blah that was breakdown city, useless aircon, a money pit, all within 6 months... Their reputation is so true... standard timing belt change at 40k!!!! Was nice to sit in and look at, that's about it.

Thanks for the other comments on protection/tint... hmm might still call them and clarify the tint situation. Good tint is a godsend in this country..

congrats

the rear and side windows have good tint from factory but you need to do the door windows to match otherwise it look a bit odd

Welcome mate!

I actually had a 2009 LV XR5 Focus prior to the megane so i know EXACTLY where you're coming from :wink: you werent on the xr5turbs forum prior where you?

Yes I'm on fordxr5turbo but not very active

And the paint protection can be done urself, I just did my car in nanolex and it came up great.. happy to offer advice if you need

Interesting, might get some pointers on this. I'll probably get the car detailed soon after I get it, so might look into it after that. The guy I go to is very knowledgable on different cars and the paint they use and he might have some advice.

Welcome mate!

Yes I'm on fordxr5turbo but not very active

Interesting, might get some pointers on this. I'll probably get the car detailed soon after I get it, so might look into it after that. The guy I go to is very knowledgable on different cars and the paint they use and he might have some advice.

Yep see how you go, I just picked mine up a couple of weeks ago and spent ALL of last weekend detailing the interior and exterior, fiddly but fairly easy if you have the time.. AND will end up saving you a few hundred at least :)

Yep see how you go, I just picked mine up a couple of weeks ago and spent ALL of last weekend detailing the interior and exterior, fiddly but fairly easy if you have the time.. AND will end up saving you a few hundred at least :)

I'd love to spend the time doing that but I prefer letting the experts at it, at least once when I first get it :) The place I go is Final Inspection. They have a very active forum as well called Detail Addiction. The guy lives and breathes detailing. Few years ago I paid couple of hundred but they spend hours on it. Every nook and cranny is gleaming, they remove swirls, light marks, etc. Was planning on doing it once a year but never did (they are a fair way out from me, and you have to leave it overnight). They even post pics of the your car on their site for others to admire and comment on :) This time I'll probably get the inside done as well.

Congrats on the purchase mate, you won't regret it one bit! Definitely cancel the tint if you can, it's only for the door windows, which you'll be able to get at a fraction of the price. Factory tint on the rear windows is pretty dark. And the paint protection is blatant money grab, try cancelling that too if it's not too late. Happy driving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on the purchase mate, you won't regret it one bit! Definitely cancel the tint if you can, it's only for the door windows, which you'll be able to get at a fraction of the price. Factory tint on the rear windows is pretty dark. And the paint protection is blatant money grab, try cancelling that too if it's not too late. Happy driving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. Have cancelled the tint. A ballpark figure from tint-a-car was $180... better than $695! Also I never did get the 'protection' despite the young lady's efforts to convince me otherwise :shock:

Welcome aboard. Good to see my bleating over at DA has done at least some good :D

What bleating is that? Sorry I'm a bit slow .. :?:

Thanks. Have cancelled the tint. A ballpark figure from tint-a-car was $180... better than $695! Also I never did get the 'protection' despite the young lady's efforts to convince me otherwise :shock:

Haha welcome aboard mate. I got my RS from Glen Waverley back in Oct and I know exactly what you mean by the young lady's efforts. Happy to say I didn't get the tint or paint protection. And yes, I was one of the peeps who racked up part of the 4.5Kms :lol:

Haha welcome aboard mate. I got my RS from Glen Waverley back in Oct and I know exactly what you mean by the young lady's efforts. Happy to say I didn't get the tint or paint protection. And yes, I was one of the peeps who racked up part of the 4.5Kms :lol:

I hope you looked after my car!

And I pick it up Tuesday. .. :D

Congrats on the purchase! Picked up my 265 trophy+ few weeks ago and have been loving every second of it. Lunar Grey as well btw.

Cancel the tints, got mine done 20% for only $200 was included in sale so might be special dealer price but still heaps cheaper.

Welcome to the forum, I am a recent Renault owner as well. Picked up my RS 250 trophee end of December last year, I am in Boxhill area hope to see you on the road sometime.

Kenneth

Would've liked the trophy/trophee extras.. ah well might see you around or if a drive is organised one day 8)

I hope you looked after my car!

And I pick it up Tuesday. .. :D

Of course :) Having lived with the car for the past few months, I doubt pushed the car to even 10% of what it is capable of during the test dirve!

Glad to see your getting it so soon. Have fun and catch you around.

So picked the car up yesterday, thanks Mark and everyone at Waverly (I know you're stalking in the background!). Just got back from a good spin, bit of freeway and highway.. just love it. Of course I had to get my first 2 days of ownership rainy, but it makes little difference. Will love it even more when I get that 1st to 2nd smoother :) I even have a lot of the controls worked out, got my Samsung phone working with all features.. Can't wait for the weekend.