Rotary Owner buying Renault Clio

RUBY7

Hello

I have owned and restored a 1982 S2 RX7 for 12 years. She is the love of my motoring life and my daily driver.

My husband for some time has been trying to persuade me to buy something modern and retire the old girl. The car (Ruby) not me. I have found no car that has had that special attraction for me. Until now.

I recently attended a Renault dearler to view the Megane. I must say it was magnificent. But what took my eye was the little hatch that was hiding behind. Needless to say, I have test driven and have now placed a deposit on this Clio RS Red Bull. Iam going to need some help over the coming year or so as there will be a couple of changes I would like to make. When it comes to the rotary I all over it, but pistons are another question. Iam very excited indeed.

Regards Sue

Hello

I have owned and restored a 1982 S2 RX7 for 12 years. She is the love of my motoring life and my daily driver.

Nice choice in cars there Ruby. I'm currently planing on maybe buying a series 1 or 2 RX7 as a restoration project. Love to see some pics of your car.

Welcome Sue!

I am sure you are going to love the Clio! I am came out of my project car, a '73 Corolla KE20 called Frank (which I still love to death) into my Clio.

I found no other car that I have driven has had the same amount of character or has given me the same amount of joy as have gotten with my 'Rolla until I drove the Clio. :)

Pics of the RX7 please!

Hello

Nice choice in cars there Ruby. I'm currently planing on maybe buying a series 1 or 2 RX7 as a restoration project. Love to see some pics of your car.

Nice choice yourself. You will love it. Iam trying to work out how to post some photos.

I also would like folks opinions on the red bull sticker thingos. I am thinking I will remove them.

Sue

Nice choice yourself. You will love it. Iam trying to work out how to post some photos.

I also would like folks opinions on the red bull sticker thingos. I am thinking I will remove them.

Sue

Hey Sue welcome to the forum and congrats on the new Renaultsport!

You can post pictures a number of ways. 2 most common ways are by either uploading pics straight to the forum as attachments or hosting photos on photo hosting sites such as Photobucket or Imageshack.

To upload a picture on the forum, click on the "post reply" tile, which will bring up a new window. Scroll down past the "Post A Reply" box you use to write your posts. There you will find "Options" and "Upload Attachments" tabs. Click "Upload Attachments". Then it's just a matter of browsing for your picture on your hard drive, and clicking "Add the file" to attach it to your post.

There may be a limit of how many pictures can be attached to one post so it's wise, if you have many pictures to share, to do it in multiple posts, with 2-3 pics in each one. Hope that helps :)

As for the Red Bull Stickers, well it's personal choice at the end of the day. But if it were me I'd be keeping them on. The 2007 Megane R26 F1 is a future classic and already you can see the destickered examples are not held in high regard as their unspoiled siblings. I genuinely believe that come resale they'd have been worth keeping on. 2c

Sue

You can post pictures a number of ways. 2 most common ways are by either uploading pics straight to the forum as attachments or hosting photos on photo hosting sites such as Photobucket or Imageshack.

To upload a picture on the forum, click on the "post reply" tile, which will bring up a new window. Scroll down past the "Post A Reply" box you use to write your posts. There you will find "Options" and "Upload Attachments" tabs. Click "Upload Attachments". Then it's just a matter of browsing for your picture on your hard drive, and clicking "Add the file" to attach it to your post.

There may be a limit of how many pictures can be attached to one post so it's wise, if you have many pictures to share, to do it in multiple posts, with 2-3 pics in each one. Hope that helps :)

As for the Red Bull Stickers, well it's personal choice at the end of the day. But if it were me I'd be keeping them on. The 2007 Megane R26 F1 is a future classic and already you can see the destickered examples are not held in high regard as their unspoiled siblings. I genuinely believe that come resale they'd have been worth keeping on. 2c

Thanks Earl, I thought that would be how you do it as I use another very similar forum. However for some reason I cant see an attachments tab just a options. Weird.

Sue

Thanks Earl, I thought that would be how you do it as I use another very similar forum. However for some reason I cant see an attachments tab just a options. Weird.

That is weird! And that's where my help abruptly stops. Mods? Admins? Any ideas?

Probably to do with your user status. Uploading directly to the forum is a very recent addition, and I don't think it's available for the first user status.

Hosting with Dropbox, Picasa, imageshack/yfrog is the easiest option.

Here is Ruby, Can't wait to see her side by side with the Clio (no name... Yet)

IMG080_zpseb455a19-1_zpsc6991110-1_zps9cb0c903.jpg

DSCN0611_zpsfdc69507.jpg

DSCN0615_zps7416043b.jpg

DSCN0626_zps17987c97.jpg

DSCN0588_zpsbdf7fb1f.jpg

Once I take delivery of the Clio, she will have a well earned rest and an engine freshen-up.

I will be looking to you all to educate me and help me with some preferred mechanical upgrades. :D

REgards Sue

A very warm welcome Sue and as I always say its so great to see another new RS200 on the road.

You will find a few locals on the Central Coast and a fairly active RenaultSport group in Newcastle as well. Check out the Newcastle Roll Call discussions for a names list if you wish.

PLEASE... Don't remove any of your stickers. The Red Bull is going to be the last limited edition RS200 sold here in OZ and you will devalue it pretty quickly by altering the look too much.

I always suggest to new Clio owners to drive and bond with their new car before deciding what to alter. You probably won't find much needs doing except smile!!

Early RX7 and Clio RS = two of my favourite cars. Respect :hail:

Welcome aboard.

Thank you for the warm welcome all, I am still waiting to take delivery. Can't wait, should be in the next week or so. Have decided to leave the stickers.

REgards Sue