New from Sydney

MattClio172

Hi guys, just saying hello. Name is Matt, I recently purchased a clio 172 with 135000 Kms on it. Completely stock except for the head unit and speakers. I used to drive a 78 mini clubman and after selling that and looking for a car for a month or two I couldn't resist the price, performance, and features of the clio, in other words I didn't want to spend the same amount of money on a 15 year old civic with 200000kms on it and worse performance :wink:

Driving the car is a real hoot, just need to find some bends :)

First thing I done was service it which was last done 12000 Kms ago when the belts were replaced. I also covered the plastics in the interior with carbon wrap because most we're scratched anyways. Still need some interior bits like a gear gaiter and door handles as the ones I got now are completely scratched.

I plan to keep it mostly stock just looking for some 16" black wheels and perhaps lowering it abit.

64345ECE-AA5C-499B-BF10-3E767DE39013-12159-000014FBEBE1BE72.jpg

10E8405D-142E-4B6B-84E7-C50FE31A1665-12159-000014FBC81CA897.jpg

D096145A-A549-4A4E-BAF8-118265A89541-12159-000014FC22EFE874.jpg

D25831D2-6D55-4D31-9D17-98A7BE586CDF-12159-000014FC13775ABA.jpg

Hi Matt and welcome - I had a 1970 Mini back in the day and my Clio sometimes reminds me of it, although faded memories might not be accurate! Are there some similarities?

Cheers guys, the car is quite straight, headlights are quite faded and scratched, ive have read heaps of guides on how to do them so thats next on the agenda after my damn uni exams. Yea looking for a set of used 16" wheels cause cant afford a new set just yet.

The mini was way less powerful but as far as handling goes they are quite similar, the clio is of course way more comfortable.

Heres my old mini

DSC03188.jpg

Congratulations mate, you made a wise decision, but must say that Mini must of been hard to let go.

I know as you mentioned budget is not great atm, but I have spotted new set's of head light's for Clio II pretty cheap on ebay.

Enjoy and hope you come to the next drive day. :D

Welcome,

Always admired the Mini's, from retro Motorsport to 'the Italian job'.. Even Mr Bean rolled in one :D.

A car garage on parramatta road has about 4 of them lined up yesterday I noticed.

Great choice with the Clio. You won't regret it.

• 2 months later...

Hi Matt,

Salutations and well wishes. Love the flamers... it has become my favourite colour of the 172s.

Probably all sorted now, but drop me a line if you're still chasing parts.

All the best, and enjoy that next corner.

Cheers,

WOLF