New 172 Owner - Sydney

sanerr88

Hi,

Name is Nathan, I've just picked up my first Renault, a black 2004 172. Loving it so far, have had a fair few cars in the past -

6 x (77-81) Corollas

2 x N14 Pulsar SSS

'94 VR6 Golf

'90 Eunos Roadster

'91 Nissan Sileighty

Now here i am with the 172, still on my green P's til December, don't have big plans for the car, its extremely clean so i'll be focusing on keeping it that way. I'm good mates with 'Buddy' on here, he's the main reason i've ended up with the Clio, i think he was getting lonely being the only FF car in our group of friends, haha.

Anyway! Here's a couple of pic's -

15082455.jpg

36731739.jpg

Welcome dude. Was eyeing this car on carsales. High Tollway Kms and miltek exhaust. Special :) . Enjoy the car and once again, welcome!

That's the one! The KM's were making me think twice. I've got the log books and it's clearly been really well looked after, I trust that they are highway k's i'm more worried about what everyone else will think/believe when I'm ready to sell!

Thanks for all the welcomes everyone.

Relaxxxxx sketch.

Welcome Nathan.

Best of luck with the new acquisition. I'm not sure if you'll be able to keep up with buddy's F1 Cleo, though. :wink:

I think that would be an unrealistic expectation for most of Australia, possibly the world. Everyone knows about Buddy and his F1 car..

That's the one! The KM's were making me think twice. I've got the log books and it's clearly been really well looked after, I trust that they are highway k's i'm more worried about what everyone else will think/believe when I'm ready to sell!

the way these things depreciate by the time u sell it'll be worth 2k anyways :lol::P .

Welcome chief. Good to see you made the jump to a Frenchie. Can't wait to see it 8)

Thanks Alex! Will probably/hopefully be seeing a bit more of you from now on!

Just took it for a run through the gorge!

Awesome! How'd it go? Come round on Monday with Stew, if you're free!

Thanks Alex! Will probably/hopefully be seeing a bit more of you from now on!

Just took it for a run through the gorge!

Awesome! How'd it go? Come round on Monday with Stew, if you're free!

Yeah it went really well. I was impressed. I'll have a chat with Stew and see what he says about Monday, hopefully see you then!

welcome nathan , good choice coming over to the light side . you will enjoy .

might see you monday .

Haha Alex, Yeah yeah all things I want to do, just hoping they won't break the bank. Coming from the world of Silvia's where everything is a dime a dozen, bit scared when it comes to servicing and mods!

The exhaust is sh*tting me a little bit already, it's a bit droney. I might even look for a standard one. If anyone reads this and has one let me know!

Otherwise loving it so far, so much more convenient than the Silvia. Everything works and it's comfortable. This is the newest car I've ever owned by a long shot. So it's a big change for me, and I'm enjoying it!

Looks tidy, ur man still has it listed for sale on gumtree, unless he has two the same! Anyway, watch out for rogue chickens crossing the road at the bottom of the gorge, 10 dollar chicken nearly cost me a front end trying to avoid it!

I've got a standard one for ya brah.

Just after thinkin, be mindful that P plates are often magnets to power poles, trees n other cars on the road!

Hah, I didn't see another one hiding in his garage so he's probably just forgotten to take it down. Haven't seen a chicken in the gorge yet, have read about them on the Wiki page though!

You forgot the most important thing that P-plates are drawn towards, popo. Got pulled into an RBT last night and one of my P-plates had flown off, was told to get one on there ASAP. If I was in the Silvia I would've been in cuffs with a pile of fines you couldn't jump over haha.

I only have 6 months left on the P's anyway. I could have been on my Full license when I got my L's actually and missed all of the P-plate laws! But in a way I'm happy I didn't, i think the age should be increased and I think the turbo/v8 laws are a good thing, i'd say 25 is a better age for that type of thing.

i had no p plate law and i had a fresh 15k loan from the bank and for some reason i bought a 1.6L NA Carolla. should have bought a tuff Commo with a big cam.