Hello all, I bit the bullet and got one...

Crakaz

Hey people, new to this forum but not new to Renaults. Have owned a Scenic 2002 for 5 happy years and now it is time for her to be retired. Today I purchased a Clio Sport 2003 with 100k. The first time I drove it made me want it. I am still smiling. I owned a bridge port Mazda RX3 for a few years. That was quick in a straight line but corners... nope. The Clio grips like nothing else. I haven't picked it up yet. I am counting the hours.

Where are you based?

Hey, I am on the NSW Central Coast. Not too many Clio Sports here. At least I've not noticed them.

Welcome,

DaveJay is based in Gosford i think, has a few Rs's driving & for parts.

Hey all,

I have been told the Clio will be ready for me to pick up in the morning :lol: . It has been a long week. Hopefully all is repaired. We shall see. The worst thing is that I have pics that I took on my test drive. That's as close as I've been. If all is fixed I'll be one happy chappy this time tomorrow evening. Can't wait. Stay posted.

cheers

Welcome to the forum! You certainly won't regret your decision (I hope...)

Waiting is always the worst part of buying a car, I know I was horribly impatient and actually cancelled a night out for my birthday because the seller was in town and could hand it over to me earlier than expected :o

Fastest car I ever owned in a straight line (and still own, long term project) was an Extend port Rx3. But the Clio would be quicker round the corners (and on a track), has the brakes as the best point (not the worst) and is a great car to live with on a daily basis.

Hi all,

Well today it happened. I took possession and might I say, try and wipe the smile off of my face :D

Pics will follow....

Congrats! Great little car aren't they?

I just went for a drive in my 172 after not having driven it since July... Still smiling!