Image Gallery for OzRS members

DanielG

Since my web hosting is unlimited bandwidth/storage - I figured why not make an image gallery where we can all easily upload images and share them

Basically, all you have to do is go to http://www.danielgphoto.com/ozrsg - Upload file and off you go. No need to register. When you view an image eg. http://danielgphoto.com/ozrsg/displayimage.php?pid=7, you'll notice down the bottom it says BBCode. When you click on this, it's automatically highlighted. Just do Ctrl + C or Right click -> copy and then paste it in the forum post you're writing and voila, you have a thumbnail link to the image.

thumb_HA2P0109.jpg

Well aware that there are plenty of other free image hosting sites, but I figured why not... have a more personal OzRS gallery. If you register, you can create your own albums (say, for images of a drive day).

Daniel, that's a lovely gesture. We did actually have an online gallery there for a while, also running Coppermine funnily enough. It got very little use sadly. Hopefully we'll have more luck this time around!

There are sooooo many gallery interfaces out there, but I'm yet to find one that I truly like using. Not a fan of Coppermine I have to say, sorry. I'm still investigating what's out there. Wonder what it would take to design one from scratch? Anyone up for the challenge? I could give direction as to what it should look like and how the layout would work and features required... I just have no idea how to write it up!

• 11 months later...
Yeah, this site desperately needs an image gallery. What's the point of members having a virtual garage if you can't show pics of your car on it?

Hang on, you can can't you? I've got heaps on mine!

Yeah, this site desperately needs an image gallery. What's the point of members having a virtual garage if you can't show pics of your car on it?

Yes, thats correct, you can post pics into your garage.

Yes, thats correct, you can post pics into your garage.

Yeah, oops, I see it now. I'm surprised more people don't use this function. There are only a handful of Clio 200s up there.

Looking. Extremely tempted by the new Raider, if only I can learn to love it in matte grey.

I'll go check it out when it's in the showrooms.

Only 50 being made, do you really think any will make it here? I imagine they will all sell like hotcakes in the UK... :popcorn:

Ah, I think you haven't been doing your homework and keeping up with the latest news on this forum. Tut Tut!

It's been confirmed for OZ. There's a whole thread on it.

My bad....

• 2 months later...